In this full-day workshop, we'll be taking you through how to develop a DotNet core application, containerize it, put it in a build pipeline and ship it up to a Kubernettes cluster in Azure. We'll make use of Azure DevOps as well as Azure proper.
We have a very exciting special guest Tanya Janca, Cloud Developer Advocate, who will be talking to us about DevSec Ops - adding security to the DevOps pipeline.
Please bring along a laptop or a friend with a laptop to share with as this is a hands-on experience. You will go home with your own fully functional application.
Introduction: Why containers?
1. Create an app which listens to an Azure storage queue
2. Add docker support and run on your local machine
3. Check it into GitHub
4. Hook up an azure DevOps account to it and do a build
5. Check the security of your application during builds and deployment: DevOps security or DevSecOps.
6. Hook DevOps up to your Azure account and push the container to the docker registry in Azure
7. Using an ARM template build a reproducible Azure environment
8. Deploy the container to AKS and use DevOps release pipelines to deploy a new version
We will provide lunch for all attendees. If you have any special dietary requirements please drop us a line and we'll do our best to accommodate you.