What we're about
I love going on mini (and longer) trips - to hike, camp, kayak and ski - and love sharing these experiences with others. I try to plan at least two trips a year, usually 3-5 nights long. Most trips will be within driving distance in California, Arizona and Utah. Some trip ideas off my bucket list:
- Grand Canyon! I have yet to hike the Bright Angel trail, and want to do it soon.
- Havasupai Falls. Been there once but can't wait to go back
- Zion and Bryce in Utah. A couple of my favorite places
- Black Canyon kayaking on Nevada/Arizona border.
- Kayaking on Lake Tahoe
- Kayaking in Catalina and Channel Islands National Park
- Grand Staircase/Escalante in Utah
The cost of the trips will vary, but usually is anywhere from $35 to several hundred, especially for kayaking trips where kayak rental is needed.
If this sounds like something you'd love to do, please join the group!
NOTE: I also organize the Catholic Hiking and Outdoor Group (https://www.meetup.com/Catholic-Hiking-and-Outdoor-Group/). All the trips will be cross-posted in that group. My +1 indicator will usually include members from that group, but California and Beyond Outdoor Trips is open to everyone!
OUR CODE OF CONDUCT
In order for us to have pleasant trips with this group, I ask that everyone follow our basic "code of conduct":
• Be respectful of other group members
• Use alcohol responsibly
• Keep jokes clean - no offensive or lewd humor
• When we camp, follow all rules and regulations of the campground