The first Saturday of every month @ 7:30pm
How can we develop our moral capacities, values and principles in order to better the future of ourselves and others? How can we make our community and the world a better place? Friends and colleagues come together for meaningful, uplifting and inspiring conversations around the theme of how can we contribute towards the betterment of society and our community. These events take place in Camberwell, London SE5 and are Free to attend.
Please visit www.CamberwellCommunityBuilding.org to learn more about us. For the full address of the location please email [masked] or phone 07850 806060.
The event will start with discussions around a particular themes and concepts followed by food, refreshments and socialising. Here's an idea of some of the concepts we discuss:
• Search for what connects us, rather than what divides us irrespective of faith, belief or background.
• Unlocking one’s desire for service to humanity.
• Working in a spirit of trusting relationships, cooperation and collaboration whilst adopting a non-adversarial approach to debate and consultation.
• Recognising that service requires working in fellowship alongside others for the good of their neighbours.
• Acceptance, understanding and tolerance of people from all walks of life.
• Creating a non-judgmental environment with friends, family and neighbours.
• Improving our attitude towards caring for our environment, which comes from within.
• True service requires a humble and sincere posture of learning.
• Looking for the good and qualities in people and building on each other’s strengths.
• Development of moral sensibility such as love, unity, truthfulness, courtesy, respect, forgiveness and honesty.
• Common bond between the individual and the collective with a shared purpose driven by encouragement, mutual support and loving fellowship.