Docker, containers and the like. Plus, those of us who made it back from Vegas alive report on our findings.
The BIG news...if you're in the Internet of Things business, a database or data analytics specialist, are into Docker containers, or use Kinesis or Lambda, there were some major announcements - and you will definitely want to be here to hear them!
This meeting is hosted, and snacks and drinks sponsored, by Metail.
We've got a lot to get through, so the meeting will start at 7pm sharp, with doors open from 6:30 - please be prompt!
• Notices and news - Jon Green (Adeptium Consulting) and Brief Intro to Metail - Gareth Rogers (Metail)
• re:Invent 2015 Debrief - Ian Massingham (AWS) (and/or Jon Green) - all the gory details and new announcements!
• Metail's Data Pipeline and AWS - Gareth Rogers
• Docker and Amazon Container Service - Ian Massingham
• THE CLINIC - bring your AWS questions and woes, and we'll try to find you answers!
To get here:
Metail's based at Janus House, which wraps around and above a Maplin store. The entrance is to the right of Maplin.
Park at Queen Anne's Car Park on Gonville Place, walk across Parker's Piece opposite, towards the University Arms (big hotel, lots of scaffolding and building works at the moment), and then along St Andrew's St. in the same direction.
Or park at any Park and Ride car park, take the bus into town, and get off at Drummer Street. Walk down Emmanuel St. to St Andrew's St., turn left, and it's about 200yds on the left.
To Cambridge Station, then walk down Station Road to Hill's Road junction. Turn right, and it's about a mile's walk. Or catch the Citi 1, Citi 3 or Citi 8 (or 1A) bus from the Station, towards town - the bus stops are to the left, as you exit the station. Get off when you see a Maplin on the right!
Too many bus routes serve the area to cover here: quite a lot of them stop just outside. Check the Cambridge Buses (https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/info/20017/buses) website for details.