Exciting news and your chance to input into founding the Biomakespace (https://biomake.space/)!
As you may be aware, several members of this meetup are busy establishing a community laboratory and innovation space for biological engineering in Cambridge - the bio equivalent of the makespace on Mill Lane. We have some very exciting updates!
• We now have access to the actual space in Bay 13 of the Old MRC-LMB at Addenbrookes and an official move-in date is forthcoming. We hope to open officially in Jan 2017.
• We have taken delivery of our first major equipment and consumable donation, totalling over £20k worth of kit, plus a donation of a Leica SP2 confocal microscope which will be the first item to move into the space!
• We are on the cusp of establishing a non-profit organisation to help administer the space (make orders and accept money!)
We're looking for input into the founding of the organisation and at our weekly meeting tomorrow we will put to a vote the aims and objects of the non-profit company as well as providing information on how to join the various committees that are forming. If you would like to have your say and are interested in hearing more and potentially getting involved, please come along!
The meeting on 18 August (https://www.meetup.com/Cambridge-Synthetic-Biology-Meetup/events/232978463/) will run along the same lines and if you can't make either:
• Check out our website: https://biomake.space (https://biomake.space/)
• Join our discussion forum: http://discuss.biomake.space (http://discuss.biomake.space/)
• Email us on [masked]
19:00 - 19:20 Updates on the space and timeline for set-up
19:20 - 19:45 Discussion and vote on the objects of the non-profit company
19:45 - 20:15 Introduction to the teams and committee positions
Public Engagement Team
Fundraising and Communications Team
20:15 - 20:30 AoB