What we're about
We consist of singles and couples, ages 50+, who live in the Capital Region and are looking to meet other active, singles and couples.
What events can you expect: a very popular Monthly Happy Hour every 2nd Friday, which is attended by new people, regular members and also by people who have met a special someone and want to continue to see friends they've made in our large community. We usually get together a few times per month - sometimes more often. Some of our activities are: dinner, happy hours, karaoke, hiking/walking, boat cruises, paint and sip nights, capital region events, day trips, live music, wine tasting, lunch, Sunday brunch, murder mystery and more. Members suggestions for events are always considered and welcomed.
By requesting to join our group, you must agree to the policies listed below.
* PICTURE POLICY *
This group has a strict picture and image policy with respect to your group profile.
1) Your profile in this group will have a picture of you with a clear head shot. Special exceptions may be made with approval from the Organizer(s).
2) Pictures of multiple people, even if you're in it, are not allowed. We don't know what you look like before we meet you.
3) Pictures of animals, children, memes, scenes, sayings, cartoons or anything other than a clear head shot are not allowed.
4) Any pictures deemed inappropriate (sexual, nudity, etc) will result in immediate rejection, termination, and banning from the group.
5) Changing your picture to anything other than a clear head shot without approval from the Organizer(s) will result in dismissal from the group.
6) Regarding pictures taken at events, please inform the host if you do not want your picture taken. All photos are property of the group and may not be reposted or used without expressed permission of the Organizer(s) and those in the photo.
7) By having your picture taken at events, you allow that image to be posted on this group's Meetup page or related pages.
* NO-SHOW POLICY *
This group has a VERY strictly enforced no-show policy. All members must agree to this policy prior to being granted membership to the group.
1) If you RSVP yes for an event and do not show up, you will be recorded as a no-show. Three no-shows and you will be removed from the group, no exceptions.
2) If you are a no-show at an event with a waiting list, the event organizer has the right to move you from Yes to Waiting List for any future events.
3) If you are on the waiting list, it is your responsibility to monitor the RSVP list. Not realizing you were moved from waiting list to yes is not a valid reason for not showing up to an event. Example - if someone drops out one hour before the event time and you are next on the waiting list, you are then signed up to attend. If, as the event start time approaches, you are concerned about being moved up, I suggest changing your RSVP to No.
4) If you sign up for an event and change your RSVP to No less than 24 hours before the event, it is also the right of the event organizer to record you as a no-show especially if the event requires a reservation to a restaurant. If you develop a pattern of this behavior you will be removed from the group, no exceptions.
5) If you RSVP to include a guest, and your guest does not show up, this counts as a no-show against you. You are the member, it is your responsibility to manage your RSVPs for you and any guests. If your guest cannot attend, modify your RSVP to remove the plus one.
The rules are pretty simple folks, if you signed up for an event you show up. And you don't drop out at the last minute.
* HARASSMENT AND TERMINATION POLICY *
1) Our group consists of a diverse group of people with different cultural, spiritual and political backgrounds. Respect for one another is critical to our success. Harassment of any type will not be tolerated.
2) Rumor and gossip are disruptive and disrespectful. These are forms of harassment. If you have a dispute or problem with another member, please contact the Organizer(s) immediately.
3) The Organizer(s) reserve the right to terminate a member without cause or notification.