Facts about group
1. We have two types of events: those hosted by us and those hosted by someone else in Charlotte such as festivals, etc. Festivals are great. However, one of the challenges we have with them is that we are not in control of the event venue and cannot tell you ahead of time where we can meet at the Festival. So, most of the time you may be on your own.
2. Consequently, we have also scheduled events such as meet and greets, game nights, potlucks, BBQs in the park, etc to get people to meet in person to get to know other people in the group. The intention was that as people build relationships in these other settings, we would be able to recognize one another at festivals.
3. The group is set up so that anyone can suggest events. And if you have enough RSVPs for your event, it is announced as a group event. And the one who suggested the event is the official host.
4. If we schedule an event such as game nights or meet and greets people RSVP but no one have no turnouts, those type events will be cancelled from any future events.
5. Some of the upcoming events that maybe planned will involve paid professionals. If we do schedule something and people RSVP, but don't show up, it wouldn't look good on us as a group.
a) If you have any great ideas for things the group might enjoy, please feel free suggest it. The group is only as great as you make it.
b) If you see an upcoming event, please Stop and Think before you RSVP for the event. Are you RSVPing because you think it is something that might interest you or are you RSVPing because you intend on going? Please do not make it a habit to be someone who RSVPs and doesn't show up.
c) If you realize that you cannot make and event you RSVP'd for, out of consideration to the host and other group members please notify the host in advance and cancel your RSVP.
d) Some of the events which include a professional will have limited seating with a deadline to RSVP. Also, there may be a charge if needed to cover the professional's fees. However, it is on a case by case basis.
e) If someone decides to host and event and has limits on how many people can attend, please make sure the group knows.
I am open to thoughts, and ideas on how we make out group work. Please feel free to email me.