addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Carolina Trail Runner & Mountain Biker Group Message Board General Discussion › Run or ride this weekend?

Run or ride this weekend?

Marcus B.
MarcusBarton
Group Organizer
Waxhaw, NC
In an effort to throw a few runs and rides to the calendar for this weekend that folks actually want to do, I am asking for feedback on where, when, distance, speed, etc.

I plan on getting one trail run and one mountain bike ride in the books.  I don't care which day each happens or where.  The only stipulation is that we do one on Saturday and one on Sunday.

Soooooo, please shoot me an email (or post a reply on the forum) where/when YOU would like to ride and/or run.  The two suggestions that get the most interest will become meetups!

I'll throw them on the calendar around 11pm tonight!

Come on folks, let's hear it!

Marcus Barton, Organizer

Carolina Trail Run & Mountain Bike Meetup Group

A former member
Post #: 1
I'm up for either or both, preferably running. How about a run Saturday and bike Sunday? How about somewhere w/in 20-30 minute drive from central Charlotte? Has anyone tried biking at Renaissance?
Marcus B.
MarcusBarton
Group Organizer
Waxhaw, NC
Post #: 100
Yep. I've done many rides and runs at Renaissance. They have the winter short track mountain bike series races there. I'm game for Renni.

I've gotten a handful of interested people and we're trying to nail down the plans. I know there's some lurkers out there that will just show up (which is perfectly ok). Guess the rest of you are too bogged down by eggnog and peppermint sticks to get any riding or running in. :-)

For the rest of you, get your butts off the couch! To entice you, I'll be giving away some goodies at each get-together on Sat and Sun for one or two people. Depends on what I can dig out of the treasure chest.

Here's the suggestions.

Anastasia suggested a run at Renaissance
Ornela suggested a bike on Saturday
Andrew suggested a Reedy Creek trail run at 9am
I'm throwing the Whitewater Center, Anne Springs in Fort Mill and Sherman's Branch out there as well. They're all within 30 minutes of downtown Charlotte.

Let's get a little more feedback (give me your thoughts) between now and make a final judgment call to be posted as a meetup at 8:00am. Then we plan on meeting somewhere within a 20-30 min drive radius of Charlotte at 9:30. That gives folks an hour to get ready and 30 mins to drive. It'll be spontaneous. Flash Run or Flash Ride.

GIVE ME YOUR FEEDBACK!! :-)

Marcus

P.S. I've got a few more suggestions outside of this weekend which will be upcoming, one of which was to do our New Year's Day run. It's coming, so be on the lookout for the 6th Annual New Year's Day Almost Noon Almost 10k Unorganized Group Trail Run.
Marcus B.
MarcusBarton
Group Organizer
Waxhaw, NC
Post #: 101
Looks like Reedy Creek wins out for the run today. See you in an hour!

NOW, let's figure out the mountain bike ride for tomorrow. I'll go out on a limb and say we'll meet at either 12pm or 1pm, that way it's the warmest part of the day. With the day and time narrowed down, where would you guys like to ride?

RANK YOUR OPTIONS HERE: http://www.meetup.com...­