The River Called The river called, or so I thought. So, I paddled that beautiful stream. My companions and I , the whole day sought, The peace, the quiet, the birds, and the bream. But the gift I will keep, from the river that day, Is the love of my life, and the friends I have made.
(Written by paddler Fred Toms, following his participation in the 2011 Roanoke River Partners Paddle Days Event.)
We are a group of people that get together to share our love of water and the outdoors. We paddle local waters as well as water throughout the Southeast. We also share trips, information, knowledge, and even get together for meal. We have many functions that are kid and pet friendly. Get out and take in all the splendor that nature has to offer you. All are welcome.
*** Membership to this group is $15/person. Dues is to be paid within 30 days of joining. In addition to paying with WePay through Meetup, you may pay via PayPal to email address email@example.com, You may also send check payable to Raymond Carpenter - 313 Tradition Way - Rock Hill, SC 29732**
Although our primary function is flatwater paddling, we also do hikes,backpacking, camping, bicycling, and photography. We are up for anything outdoors.We have NO RULES except to have fun and look out for each other.
A danger exists for participants in canoeing, kayaking, tubing, and other activities organized or advertised by the Catawba Cruisers Paddling Club. Such participation may result in illness or injury due to accidents, the forces of nature, or other causes not foreseeable. Such illness and injury may include disease, strains, sprains, fractures, dislocations, paralysis, and/or death. Possible injuries may cause serious and permanent disability
In consideration of the services of Catawba Cruisers Paddling Club, A.K.A. CCPC in making available this Meetup site and the opportunity to participate in the activities posted on this meetup site and the particular activity for which am about to RSVP, I make the following acknowledgements and waivers for myself, my heirs, children, parents, spouses, personal representatives and estate, with the intention of being legally bound:
1. I recognize that all activities sponsored or organized by CCPC, especially all activities involving transportation or outdoor activities, are inherently dangerous and involve both known and unknown risks which could result in physical or emotional injury, even death, to myself or others or damage to my property or the property of others. These risks cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
2. I assume full responsibility for investigating the types, extent, and scope of all of these risks and the safety measures and preparations that a prudent person would take to reduce these risks; I know that CCPC cannot inform me of all of the risks I may encounter or instruct me in such safety measures and precautions.
3. When participating in events or activities, I shall conduct myself in a sensible, safe and respectful manner toward all other members, toward the public, and toward all individuals, firms or companies providing members with instruction or guidance in connection with participation in the events or activities.
4. I recognize that CCPC will not provide any food, water or clothing and that I am completely responsible for the adequacy and effectiveness of food, water, and clothing. No one will inspect them or approve them on behalf of CCPC.
5. Without limiting my responsibility or the scope of risks I may encounter, I recognize that the risks include the hazards of carpooling, equipment failure, traveling in a wilderness area through rough terrain and water, getting separated from or left behind by the group or leader, getting lost, heat exhaustion, hypothermia, drowning, storms, lightning, falling, falling objects, dangerous wildlife, allergic reactions, noxious plants and insects and the actions of other people.
6. I realize that alcohol may be consumed or made available before, during or after a CCPC event by private persons, including leaders. Alcohol may increase the hazards associated with all other risks.
7. I expressly agree to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation is voluntary and I choose to participate in spite of the risks, known and unknown. I forever release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless CCPC, its owners, representatives, and leaders from any and all claims or causes of action which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity, including all claims that allege negligence or failure to use proper care. I agree not to sue CCPC, its owners, representatives and leaders for any loss or damage connected with my participation in this activity. I certify that I have adequate personal resources such as insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating. I have no medical or physical conditions that could interfere with my safety or the safety of others if I participate in this activity; if I do, I agree to assume the costs of all risks that may be created by any such condition.
8. I recognize that all activities in CCPC are organized and facilitated by “leaders” who are volunteers, with no particular training, skill, experience or equipment in the activity that they lead. I will not rely on the experience, judgment, or skill of any leader.
9. If CCPC is required to engage an attorney to enforce this agreement, I agree to pay all of his fees and expenses and all court costs, if any. I agree to bring any lawsuit that involves this agreement only in South Carolina.
10. CCPC reserves the right to deny admittance, suspend introductions if the participant exhibits anti-social, inappropriate or disruptive behavior or attempts to use these services for improper, immoral, illegal or exploitative purposes.
11. Membership dues are non-refundable unless you are banned by the leadership team.
By Joining Catawba Cruisers Paddling Club, I understand and agree to CCPC terms of service.