What we're about
Click here: (https://www.meetup.com/Cedar-Nordic/about/) for access to the old "Pages" - Information, Documents, Condition Reports, Weather, etc.
Cedar Mountain Nordic Ski Club (CMNSC), established in 2006, is a registered Non-Profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to promoting cross country skiing on Cedar Mountain. We promote the healthy benefits and joys of cross-country skiing and snow-shoeing to members, the local community, and visitors by:
• Supporting the Dixie National Forest in the management of the Deer Hollow Winter Recreation Area, that has marked and groomed XC ski and snow-shoe trails.
• Leading a variety of cross country ski events, of all ability levels.
• Providing information, clinics and training on ski selection, waxing, and skiing techniques.
• Volunteering at the Cedar Breaks National Monument winter yurt, and at the Deer Hollow Winter Recreation Area.
For further information or questions - please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org -or- watch a video about Deer Hollow (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRlPQNDexok)
Non-Members are welcome to participate in CMNSC Events - just come to the designated meeting place. You will be required to fill out a CMNSC Non-Member Waiver (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-hDosAgO4QyYnFHNzUyYVg2QVE) for each event. You may download the form, print it out, sign it, and bring it to the event, or we will have waiver forms for you to fill out at the event.
To Become a CMNSC Member:
Any adult actively interested in Nordic skiing is eligible to join. Dues are $20 per year, $35 per couple or family (parents are responsible for minor children), $10 for college students. Our fiscal year is Nov 1 to Oct 31. Dues are payable Nov 1, with a grace period until Jan 15. After that, non-paying members will be removed. (Dues are mainly used to cover the cost of insurance for the club. The waivers are a requirement of the insurance carrier.)
New members must:
1. If not already a Meetup.com member, click the "Join us" or "Sign up" button, and set up a Meetup account name (please use a recognizable name) and password
2. Fill out a - CMNSC Member Registration Form (https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jbuTCuwtZAtAR1xbcKPf9g4QG3KZy2xD) - print out the form, fill it out per instructions & sign it.
3. Mail the completed form along with a check for the proper amount of dues, per the instructions on the form.
4. Answer any Profile Questions.
5. Once CMNSC has received your registration and dues, your membership will be approved.