This meetup, inspired by the Dallas Hackers Association (https://www.dallashackers.com/) (@Dallas_Hackers (https://twitter.com/Dallas_Hackers)), is for cyber misfits, bit bums, digital heathens and students. It is also for cyber security professionals in polos, white hats (whatever those are), black hats, gray hats, pen-testers and those who want to observe us break things you were lead to believe couldn't be broken. Join us on the first Tuesday of every month.
All skill levels are welcome. We encourage you to share any projects or ideas that you might be working on. Not only does this make your community wiser but it helps to solidify your understanding of the subject. This is a great opportunity for you to pin down a topic in a certification you are working toward.
The first half of the meet will be for presentations. Unless presentations run over, the last half of our time will be for table talk (CTFs, exploits, tools, etc). While we love scheduling out our presentations, the floor is always open. Just get up and speak. Let us know if you plan to go over and we will schedule you.
Recruiters are not only welcome but encouraged to join. So much talent resides here and they need to be fed. If your company is looking for Information Security Professionals, CAH is a great place to start looking.
Donations are always welcome and are used for food, drink, CTF prizes, maintaining the Meetup fees, etc.
Please review the Code of Conduct below, before joining. I take this part very seriously.
I hope you enjoy your time with us and learn awesome things.
Code of Conduct
What we will not tolerate, in all seriousness, is any form of discrimination/harassment. If we observe or hear about such behavior we will, at minimum, ban you from the group.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to: *
• Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion or any other aspect of personal identity.
• Sexual images in public spaces
• Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
• Harassing photography or recording
• Sustained disruption of talks or other events
• Inappropriate physical contact
• Unwelcome sexual attention
• Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
If any member(s) make you feel uncomfortable, report it ASAP. We will take every measure possible and work with you 100% to ensure you enjoy your time with us. You may approach organizers directly, message organizers through the meetup app or Discord.
Other House Rules
• Be good to each other. Limited heckling is expected. But ultimately, be decent.
• If you plan on attending, please register for the event. This helps ensure we can accommodate.