Welcome to the first iteration of our bi-weekly study group. The study group is intended for anyone who wants to level up their HTML and CSS skills and is especially useful for individuals new to the industry or looking to get started. We'll host hands-on sessions that include semantics, accessibility and other best practices. The study group will be led by Adam Wells. The basic structure will have Adam introducing a front-end challenge to the group, then step back and let everyone begin working on the challenge. Adam will be there to guide everyone by answering questions and demonstrating examples if needed.
The study group will meet bi-weekly using the video meeting service Zoom. We hope this will provide the group with easy access so that more members of our community can attend.
In preparation for the study group please complete the following:
1) Create a Basic (free) account with Zoom (https://www.zoom.us)
2) Have the code editor of your choice up and running. If you're still thinking about them, options include VS Code, Atom, Sublime Text or Brackets.
3) Install a Sass compiler. Consider Koala (http://koala-app.com/). It works on Windows, Linux and Mac.
4) Install Git. If you prefer the command line consider using https://git-scm.com/downloads . If you prefer a GUI the https://desktop.github.com/ is a great option.
5) Fork & Clone the Frontend Study repo to your computer (http://github.com/im-ironclad/frontend-study)