addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Charlotte Philosophy Discussion Group Message Board › PETMAN Humanoid Robot From Boston Dynamics - Technological Singularity type

PETMAN Humanoid Robot From Boston Dynamics - Technological Singularity type stuff

Bill Van F.
wvanfleet
Group Organizer
Charlotte, NC
Post #: 1,957
From Wikipedia:

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[6]
A former member
Post #: 35
Thanks Wendy P.
That was a great movie. That movie identified the cognitive declining fallibility of the main character, a burglar and locksmith, who is rehabilitated by an empathetic robot that unlocks what the locksmith feels for himself to that what he wants reflected from his environment to himself.
The robot is able to model and show how the locksmith behavior affects him and the locksmith is able to adjust and trust his behavior. As this process continues the relationship and the stabilizing effect between the robot and Frank continues to progress with the normalizing of Franks cognitive abilities.

There some dramatic scenes in this movie. A good movie, I would recommend anyone to watch robot and Frank.

'Robot & Frank' Trailer HD
Identifying, identity, memory, empathy, sympathy, and the choices we have regarding our considerable mental fallibility is greatly affirmed when we choose an understanding and problem solving attitude to deal with ourselves and our environment.

Terry,
Have you seen the new movie out called "Robot & Frank"? It has a robot that looks like ASIMO. In the movie it acts as a helper and Frank can talk with it. The Google car has been around for a while now and there was of course some legal problems. Would love to have some brain enhancements myself - like to reach your level. wink
Went to Silk.com not what I expected so went to Silkapp.com where it wanted me to create an account/website. Next step it required me to upgrade to Chrome - should I do that and what are the consequences?
I believe computer therapists are going to part our species catalyst towards us becoming a more ethical species.

Computer program is better than human therapists
A robot therapist, caretaker, which allows his companion to take a daring delusional risk driven behavior to attempt to see the children from memories that are not his own. The robot caretaker knows that this person that he care takes over has memories that are not from his body.

But, the robot, acting as a beneficent guardian allows his friend his last chance to find solace in his last moments to find closure.

Moon - Scene With Gerty [SPOILER]
This is a movie where a guilty detective holds the memory of an innocent person. The Devil brings about the clues in the end to the realization of the detective and the Devil takes his due and puts him in his reason jail.

Was the detective guilty for not detecting and obeying the rules of good and evil. Was the detective and the devil figuratively the same character? The Devil being the personification of the rational faculty of the detective the clue which the detective missed consistently..
The detective sees the devil, his emotional mind, when he is avoiding his rational agency when not detecting to see the effects of his actions to others.

The Devil is a good guy or the aspect of rationality of self understanding that we'd not rather live in a lie but move towards the truth even when this truth brings us the greatest harm to ourselves.

Man may always trying to hide from their evil natures. But our Devils' makes our awareness of faulty nature and why.

Angel Heart "I know who I am"

A former member
Post #: 78
I guess I am such a troll. I hear gibberish and try to insert common sense. Perhaps I do not have the degrees, perhaps I do not have the intellectual understanding, perhaps I feel sorry for the fleas that infest the dog. Please do look down on the common folk, has it not always been so?