What we're about
- The following is lengthy, but very important to read ahead of applying. Thanks!
ABOUT CHELSEA WOMEN'S SOCIALISING AND NETWORKING GROUP
- This group provides ladies aged between 23 and 37 the opportunity to make fabulous new friends and lasting friendships, attend fun exclusive parties and events. 99 per cent of the socials take place in the evening.
- This is a perfect group for ladies that like to try out new things, meet new people, perhaps those that are newly single or single, or ladies in relationships that are keen to have an active and varied social life outside of the relationship.
- The group provides members with the opportunity to try out exciting new activities such as nights out (with complimentary dinners and unlimited free alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks) in very exclusive/strictly members only clubs, elite bars and parties, high end boat parties and quirky daytime parties and boat rides. TAXIS to and from the venue of your first few social are also FREE.
- The group's past events have included Bollywood themed movie nights and nights out, arts and crafts activities, literary festivals, science exhibitions, annual visits to the National Theatre's Propstore (http://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/your-visit/food-and-drink/propstore) during the summertime, attending burlesque shows, burlesque classes, cocktail mixology classes, comedy nights, day trips outside of London and international weekend breaks, trips to the theatre, daytime parties such as http://www.bacanal.co.uk and www.welovebrunch.com , trips to www.chelseaphysicgarden (http://www.chelseaphysicgarden.co.uk).co.uk www.bbc.co.uk/proms and much much more (http://www.bbc.co.uk/proms)!
- I also host socials in a private cinema every now and then, that is hired out JUST for the groups ladies (which doesn't cost more than £25 per person and includes a meal in a stunning Michelin starred restaurant AND watching a film of our choice). Do have a look at our past socials for the full details once your membership is accepted.
- There are always plenty of (high end) clubbing socials ... so those that love partying are very much encouraged to join!
- The majority of the events will take place in Chelsea and Mayfair - HOWEVER you are welcome to join regardless of where you live (as long as you are female!).
- I have a lot of contacts within Fashion, PR and events in luxury fashion and lifestyle brands and high end venues, so that is why I am able to get myself and members into ‘impossible to get into’ bars, clubs and pop ups such as :www.dramaparklane.com/ http://www.lepeepboutique.com http://www.nudenoir.co.uk https://homehouse.co.uk/ http://www.thebromptonclub.com www.theboxsoho.com www.tapelondon.com/www.thewelly.com/ (http://www.theboxsoho.com)www.lebaronlondon.com/ www.thecuckooclub.com (http://www.lebaronlondon.com/) http://www.mortonsclub.com/ http://www.projectclublondon.com/ http://www.maddoxclub.com www.mamounialounge.com Mayfair www.mason-house.com/ www.tonteria.co.uk/ (Chelsea), www.libertineldn.com http://www.disco-london.com/ http://www.playboyclublondon.com www.projectclublondon.com. http://www.maggies-club.com/ http://www.pressnightclub.co.uk www.boujis.com, www.eclipsebars.com/ http://www.mason-house.com http://www.virginlimitededition.com/en/the - http://www.barts-london.com/and many more.
- N.B: For those that are sceptical - you will be able to see photos of us in the venues in our group albums (spanning 6 years to date) once your membership is approved.
- Members pay £65.00. Thanks!
MANDATORY PAYMENT OF MEMBERSHIP DUES (BEFORE YOUR FIRST EVENT):
- Payment is taken in advance as it has been the case that a (significant) number of people join the group, agree to pay the annual fee that covers the complimentary tact ,(waived) £20 - £50 entry fee per venue , food and alcoholic drinks ... and then refuse to pay, yet RSVP for more events.
- This is why 40% of members have been removed from the group (before the rule was implemented).
You will see this once you review the group’s photo albums spanning 6 years.
- If this number concerns you for any reason - then the 13 group reviews should give you an indication of the majority view/ experience of the group.
- And you have the opportunity to have a chat with the members that have written the reviews at upcoming socials!
THE GROUP'S SOCIALS
- The socials offer 3 courses of free gourmet food, free alcoholic drinks and soft drinks each week at venues such as Tonteria Chelsea, http://www.bakulondon.com in Knightsbridge, Juju and Montezuma in Chelsea (N.B - photographs of us having dinner and drinks there, are in the photo albums you will see on the page, once you get access).
- Please also click on the 'More' tab at the very top of the page to view video footage of our past trips to The Box nightclub http://www.theboxsoho.com , Project Nightclub http://www.projectclublondon.com/ Bacanal by Night at the stunning Hurlingham Private Members Club www.hurlinghamclub.org.uk/ (http://www.hurlinghamclub.org.uk/Mahiki) http://www.mahiki.com/henley/ http://www.welovebrunch.com and footage from recent relaxing 'Pop Up Painting' sessions www.popuppainting.com/ and various trips to Jalouse nightclub in Mayfair - http://www.jalouse.co.uk (named 'Café Kaizen' in 2015).
- We occasionally visit https://www (https://www.shoreditchhouse.com).shoreditchhouse.com https://homehouse.co.uk/ http://www.mortonsclub.com http://www.thebromptonclub.com ,
www.thebox (http://www.theboxsoho.com) www.thecuckooclub (http://www.thecuckooclub.com).com and very (https://www.shoreditchhouse.com/), very occasionally Annabels, Tramp and LouLous (5 Hertford street). These venues charge £2-50k for membership fees. So, this group’s offer really is very lucrative, exclusive and rare and there is no other Meetup group that offers anything similar.
THE NATURE AND CALIBRE OF VENUES THAT WE VISIT:
- As mentioned, entry (usually £20 minimum), taxis to and from the venue, drinks and food are free at all of the socials, and the meetups are always listed at my discretion. No requests please ...
- Your membership is worth £1k, via the 'Perks' available http://www.meetup.com/Chelsea-Womens-Socialising-and-Networking-Group/sponsors/#membership-perks ...
- Planning and hosting the events involves a lot of work, and (over time, weekly event admin) - so it became necessary to charge the group's members.
HOUSE RULES AND COMMUNICATION:
- I will have to re consider/delete your membership, if you do not have the time/inclination to respond to personally addressed messages about events.
- I would ask that you treat the events as no different to meeting up with your personal/non meet up friends.
- I.e. you wouldn't for example not bother to turn up to an event, without giving them notice ahead of time,and dismiss their messages - yet still expect them to be interested in future meetings.
... Or expect your personal/non meetup friends to pay for multiple meals, entry and drinks with no reimbursement/reciprocation. So, please bear this in mind, if you want to retain your membership.
- I put a great deal of time and effort in planning the group's events - therefore I do expect you to treat myself and the other organisers/co hosts with due courtesy, that is respectful of the time/effort that we put into running the group, and hosting enjoyable and carefully thought out events for the members.
HOUSE RULES AND CONDUCT:
- Please ensure that your profile photo is of yourself. I will explain the reason why I no longer have a photo up of myself when we meet.
- A polite notice: A place on every single social isn't guaranteed (at any stage). This is to ensure that 'new' members are guaranteed to meet those with longer standing memberships - and I arrange the attendance lists in such a way that guarantees this experience at every single social ... however you will be able to attend the large majority of socials listed i.e 85% - 90% of the events.
- A number of (ex) members expected to meet women of a specific race or age. Please do NOT join if your attitude is in any way similar to this.
- Overall : If you have a very particular idea of the sort of person that you would like to meet, then this group/the group's totally inclusive policy ISN’T for you.
- Ensure that your attitude towards myself and the other members is courteous, down to earth and polite, (consistently).
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION ... NO ENTITLED/ UNPLEASANT ATTITUDES!
- I use a significant amount of my time, energy and resources to run this group at a VERY low cost to you (given you receive hundreds of pounds worth of free taxis, meals, drinks and entry per meetup. Entitled and unpleasant attitudes are never welcome, but are especially unacceptable given the above.
- Please do NOT join the group if you are looking to meet people of a particular race, demographic, age or social background.
- The group's members are of many different backgrounds and demographics. The main thing that our members have in common, is that they are intelligent, articulate women that like the finer things in life.
- Racism will NOT be tolerated. Members have been deleted immediately after subtle or explicit discriminatory attitudes.
- FYI: The 23-37 age range was set after the majority of members said they had more in common with that age group. I coincidentally sit within that range, so this isn't owing to any sort of prejudice on my part.
- ** Application to this group will indicate full agreement from you, to everything on this page **
AND FINALLY ...
- Do check out our 'Perks' and 'Sponsors' section - we have some impressive complimentary services on offer.
WE ARE PROUDLY PARTNERED WITH ...
- An exclusive Chelsea hair salon - www.harissalon.com (http://www.harissalon.com/)
- A luxury global chaffeur service - https://www (https://www.uber.com/).uber.com/
- A high end women's occasionwear brand - The Hamptons
- A fabulous Champagne brand - http://www.romeojuliette.com/
- http://www.jimmiemartin.com/ is a luxury brand based in London since 2004. The brand works with private, commercial and high profile clients.
- Jimmie Martin Provides an eclectic showcase of one-off pieces of furniture combining the decadent and quirky with the nostalgic and urban.
- Jimmie's pieces are individually finished off to either the customer’s personal taste,
or to the ideas of the founders (and friends of the group), Jimmie and Martin.
- As you can see from the above images of their work, the designs offer a rare consistency of sophisticated pieces combined with a sexy, modern design element.
- There is usually a 7 year waitlist for Hermès bags and they are usually prioritised for celebrities, therefore this is an incredible perk.
- http://jetsetbabe.com/ is also a personal friend of mine, and you will inevitably meet her at the group's upcoming events.
We look forward to meeting you!
PS - To avoid any potential confusion - the group was called 'West London Ladies' from 2012-2013.