You must answer the RSVP question with your full name to get passed the security for the building at 555 W. Adams Street, Chicago, IL
Please join us for an exciting evening to learn more about the evolution of data warehousing to the Hybrid Cloud with some use cases and a live demo from Slim Baltagi and Andy Goade.
5:30 pm - 6:00 pm: Networking over pizza and drinks
6:00 pm - 6:05 pm: Welcome and intro by TransUnion
6:05 pm - 6:40 pm: 1st part of the talk by Slim Baltagi from Cloudwio
6:40 pm - 7:00 pm: 2nd part of the talk by Andy Goade from Yellowbrick Data
7:00 pm - 7:30 pm: Q&A and more networking
• TransUnion (http://wwww.transunion.com) is hosting the event
• Yellowbrick (http://www.yellowbrick.com/) is offering pizza and drinks.
In the first part of this talk, Slim Baltagi will look at the evolution of data warehousing, from a deployment perspective, throughout the four stages he identified: 1. On-Premise, 2. Mono-Cloud, 3. Multi-Cloud and 4. Hybrid Cloud. Slim will highlight the gradual changes specific to each stage, explain how the evolution at each stage is driven not only by available technologies but also by business needs. He will also give examples of data warehouses that represent each stage.
In the second part of this talk, Andy Goade will introduce Yellowbrick data warehouse as a representative of the ultimate stage: The Hybrid Cloud. Andy will also share a few use cases and show a live demo of the Yellowbrick data warehouse.
1. Slim Baltagi
• He is currently an independent consultant at Cloudwio LLC advising his clients with their enterprise data strategy and helping them with the adoption of modern data platforms and the implementation of modern data architectures.
• He also delivered many end-to-end Big Data projects to major Fortune 500 companies in many verticals.
• He is a thought leader in the data & analytics space with tens of thousands of followers and also the organizer of many advanced analytics meetups at US tech hubs and abroad.
• He is a sought-after international speaker on topics related to modern data platforms with talks at major conferences spanning four continents.
Feel free to contact Slim at [masked] or check him out at https://www.linkedin.com/in/slimbaltagi/
2. Andrew Goade
• He is a Senior Systems Engineer for Yellowbrick Data, Inc., where he helps customers move to the next level in their analytics journey.
• With over 21+ years in a variety of technical roles, including application development and infrastructure management, Andrew has a unique view of how to tackle the most difficult challenges with cutting edge, cost effective technology.
• These experiences, plus his M.B.A. from Elmhurst College, allow Andrew to focus on the business drivers at hand and work with all levels of an organization to develop outcomes that positively affect the bottom line.
Feel free to contact Andrew at [masked] or check him out at https://www.linkedin.com/in/andygoade/