We play games, games, games! We have a relationship with a board game store in Chicago that supplies us with fresh games before every event. Is there a game you've been itching to try? Reach out to Nick and he'll be sure to pick it up for you before the next game night. Attendees are encouraged to bring their favorites from home as well.
Do you like to drink and eat while you game? All of our participating game venues offer both food and drinks for the famished gamer.
Our group is evolving and we would love any feedback you have, so feel free to get in touch with us.
• We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form, be it verbal, physical, online, or otherwise. This extends to incidents involving group members, yet outside of our events.
• We understand gaming is competitive by nature, and trash talking is a part of it, however sometimes players can take this too far to the detriment of the enjoyment of the game.
• If someone lets you know you’re being inappropriate, respect them and stop. Respect each players individuality and allow everyone to make up their own minds during their turn.
• If you think they’re making a mistake - ask if they want your opinion before offering it.
• The group is intended for adults, the minimum age is 18, however, there is some flexibility in this so please get in touch.
• Request permission before taking photos that includes anyone's faces. Respect each other, and observe basic hygiene (if you’re sick, don’t spread it).
• Respect the venue, tidy up after yourself. If you moved a table, or chair, move it back.
• Consent applies to board game communities too. You are not obliged to play games with people you do not enjoy playing games with. You are allowed to say 'no'. If you do find you are avoiding playing with anyone, for any reason, please let the organiser know.
• If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a meetup organizer as soon as you feel it is safe to do so.
We want everyone to have a good time, and reserve the right to take whatever action is required to solve the issue for you.
Moderator: Nick Charles
Chicago Board Games Meetup is a part of Let's Play Games LLC.