addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Chicago DevSecOps Message Board › Infrastructure as Code (RSVP Today)

Infrastructure as Code (RSVP Today)

Jason A.
user 26169262
Group Organizer
Chicago, IL
Team,

We've all probably logged into the AWS or GCP console to create infrastructure by hand. That's ok for experimentation, but when operating at scale, you're going to want to use techniques that give you better predictability and transparency.

At our Meetup on Aug 23, Tim Laszlo is going to teach you the basics of Terraform, a tool from Hashicorp.  Terraform let's you easily script the creation and destruction of your cloud infrastructure.  And since you're working with scripts, you can use Git for all of the good things that go along with version control.

For those of you who haven't met Tim, he's honestly one of the most knowledgeable infrastructure and Linux professionals I know.  Way back in 2006, Tim and I worked together at Fermilab supporting the world's top high-energy physics programs. After Fermilab, Tim spent some time at Harpo Studios running large web applications for Oprah.  A couple of years ago Tim joined Yello and he's now our Senior Director of Infrastructure.

RSVP to the Aug 23 Meetup so you can learn about Terraform and meet Tim.  I'm also giving a short talk on the FIDO2 Project so you can hear about what a future without website passwords might look like.

https://www.meetup.co...­

-Jason