This is the official Chicago book launch event for Alex Castrounis’ new O’Reilly book, AI for People and Business (book description below). Alex will present an overview of his book and the conceptual frameworks and models that the book covers, which can help people understand and leverage AI and machine learning successfully.
The presentation will be followed by a networking session where 20 free copies of AI for People and Business will be given away and signed (see below for how to qualify for a book)! Alex will also sign copies that you bring, so feel free to grab a copy in advance from Amazon at https://amzn.to/31HnEpp (note that books will NOT be available for sale at the event).
Light refreshments (not a full dinner) will be provided.
We look forward to seeing you there!
To qualify for a free, signed book at this event, we're asking for a contribution to the Chicago ML community - in the form of KNOWLEDGE. Here's what you need to do:
1. Sign in to the Chicago ML Slack workspace at https://bit.ly/2S0zFAP. This where community members share info, ask questions, etc. It's totally free and non-commercial.
2. Introduce yourself and post a link in the #general channel to something that you think is INTERESTING in the field of ML. This can be a paper, a software library or tool, an article on ML - whatever you think would add value to the Chicago ML community.
The first 10 posts automatically get a free book! The other 10 books will be given away at random to any remaining posts. You must be in attendance at the event to receive a book.
Official Book Description
If you’re an executive, manager, or anyone interested in leveraging AI within your organization, this is your guide. You’ll understand exactly what AI is, learn how to identify AI opportunities, and develop and execute a successful AI vision and strategy. Alex Castrounis, business consultant and former IndyCar engineer and race strategist, examines the value of AI and shows you how to develop an AI vision and strategy that benefits both people and business.
AI is exciting, powerful, and game changing—but too many AI initiatives end in failure. With this book, you’ll explore the risks, considerations, trade-offs, and constraints for pursuing an AI initiative. You’ll learn how to create better human experiences and greater business success through winning AI solutions and human-centered products.
- Use the book’s AIPB Framework to conduct end-to-end, goal-driven innovation and value creation with AI
- Define a goal-aligned AI vision and strategy for stakeholders, including businesses, customers, and users
- Leverage AI successfully by focusing on concepts such as scientific innovation and AI readiness and maturity
- Understand the importance of executive leadership for pursuing AI initiatives
Alex Castrounis is the author of AI for People and Business, an analytics and product strategy consultant, and founder of InnoArchiTech. An expert in business, analytics, and product management, Alex has nearly 20 years of innovation experience and has taught the benefits of data science and advanced analytics to thousands of people.