Like all programming languages, GoLang can be great in some situations - not so great in others. We weigh GO against other frameworks, focusing on real-world examples to highlight benefits and common challenges. Plus, we explore how to architect and design efficient GO applications from the start, so you can limit your long-term technical debt.
The goal for this presentation is to cover the following:
- When you should and should not use GO
- Pros and cons of the language compared to others
- Efficient architecture and design, focusing on reuse and service patterns
Thursday, June 13th from 5:30pm – 7:30pm
* Doors open at 5:30pm for food and networking, presentation begins at 6pm!
(Please try to arrive on-time for the presentation, the main-door will be locked after 6:30pm)
ID required for check-in at front desk!
175 W. Jackson Blvd – 5th Floor
Chicago, Illinois 60604
(Proceed to the back entrance of the building, at the Van Buren side to take the elevators to the 5th floor. You can check in at reception for the meetup!)
About the Speaker:
Stuart Fettinger, Project Architect (NVISIA)
– Stuart has over 10 years of experience in the field of software – both as a developer and as a co-founder of his own tech startup. He has designed and developed solutions for many fields including healthcare, financial services, IoT, and tourism. Stuart is currently a Project Architect at NVISIA – leading the architecture and development of important client initiatives with a focus on lean delivery models and limited technical debt.
About our host, Enova:
Enova International (NYSE: ENVA) is a leading FinTech company headquartered in downtown Chicago. Our mission is helping hardworking people get access to trustworthy credit. Powered by our advanced analytics and innovative technology, we’ve issued more than $20 billion in credit to over 5 million non-prime consumers and small businesses around the globe. In 2016 we launched Enova Decisions™ to offer on-demand digital decision-making technology and real-time predictive analytics services to clients across industries.
What Sets Us Apart?
Products that make a difference
We take our Customer First value seriously and work hard to provide customers with the fast, responsible credit they need, coupled with exceptional service they deserve.
Amazing people, culture and opportunities:
We work hard to foster an engaging, values-driven culture where employees can work alongside the smartest people they know, move fast to make a difference from day one, and continually learn and advance their careers.
World-class technology and analytics
At our core, we’re a technology company, driven by advanced analytics and innovative programming that has enabled us to lend more than $20 billion dollars. To learn more, please check out their website, https://www.enova.com/