Joe and Matt would be delighted if you could join us for an evening of most splendid lightning talks to share, learn and collaborate about all things developery, at our eighth Open Source, Open Mic event.
This is an event by developers, for developers (about stuff developers are interested in)! Come join us and share your experiences using, and hacking on Open Source software.
Here's how it works:
• Sign up! (It's freeeee!)
• Turn up! (We have free beer, soda and pizza)
• Meet interesting developers from a diverse set of backgrounds
• Enjoy a whole bunch of 5 minute lightning talks
• Participate by doing your own lightning talk (if you like)
• Retire to a nearby bar
So, what kind of talks to expect? Well, pretty much anything related to using open source software. Here's a miniscule sample of topics covered in previous events:
• Simplifying machine learning
• How to do SSL correctly
• Intro to writing lexers and parsers
• Typography on the web
• Programming 3D models for 3D printing
• Giving feedback on open source projects
• Bash command line tricks
Expect variety - all languages, all technologies, all layers of the stack!
If you want to talk about something, please let us know when signing up.
See you there!
@mattgodbolt [twitter (https://twitter.com/mattgodbolt) / github (https://github.com/mattgodbolt)]
@joewalnes [twitter (https://twitter.com/joewalnes) / github (https://github.com/joewalnes)]