A great group for those who are willing to engage in discussions about race, culture, diversity, different perspectives, etc. We will cover topics like race in America, cultural differences and ways to negotiate those differences.
Our mission statement:
To create a community by building bridges of understanding to the different experiences we have in American society. Disagreement is allowed, intolerance is not.
1. An open-mindedness when considering other views.
2. A tolerance towards each other and to other perspectives.
3. A mutual respect for each other's humanity.
4. A willingness to get out of our silos and be exposed to different cultures and ways of thinking.
5. A willingness to understand other views as well as explaining one's self so that our view is understood.
6. An acceptance that understanding does not mean agreement. We can disagree and still be one community.