At Instaclustr we run Cassandra in the public cloud as a service, we also provide support and consulting to help companies running Cassandra who are not quite ready for the public cloud. In this talk I will run through getting ready to deploy Cassandra in production and what issues and challenges you may experience during the first 6 months of production.
This talk is aimed at experienced DBAs, DevOps and operations teams who might become accidental Cassandra DBAs and are looking to gain some critical knowledge to help them get through the first 6 months of a production Cassandra deployment, or for those who are just interested in hearing about a realistic journey for going into production with Cassandra. This talk will cover:
- High level overview of Cassandra and how it works
- Data model considerations
- Planning for production (setup, benchmarking, availability planning)
- Issues you may face in production and how to fix them.
The Speaker: Ani Mondal, Sr Director of Consulting and Architect @ Instaclustr
Ani Mondal previously worked at Walmart Labs where he led a team that supported 160 data domains across 40 application teams across multiple geographic locations, like US, India, and Brazil. He led efforts to build and deliver next generation big data platforms and solutions, including building data pipeline frameworks, NoSQL (C*/Solr/Spark/Hadoop) as service on bare metals/containers (Dockers)/cloud.
5:45 - Doors Open, Pizza, Beverages, Networking
6:10 - Opening remarks
6:15 - Your First 6 Months With Cassandra In Production
RSVP & Arrival:
• Building security requires a government issued identification. • This even may be cross posted on other meetup groups. You're not required to RSVP in more than one of the groups.
• Percona - Pizza, swag, speakers
• Vivid Seats - Event host, food, beverages
• O'Reilly - Speakers, books, discounts