The reactive revolution continues. For as much as we've been talking about reactive programming in Spring for the last few years the journey has only just begun. Join Spring Developer Advocate Josh Long (@starbuxman), as he will show us how to take our reactive applications further, looking at how to build microservices for cloud platforms like Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes.
Some of the things Josh will cover may include:
* reactive NoSQL data access
* reactive SQL data access with R2DBC
* orchestration and reliability patterns like client-side loadbalancing, circuit breakers, and hedging
* messaging and service integration with Apache Kafka or RSocket
* API gateways with Spring Cloud Gateway and patterns like rate limiting and
* API adapters
* serverless programming with Spring Cloud Function and project Riff
* reactive authentication and authorization with Spring Security
5:30 - 6:00 - Networking, food and drinks
6:00 - 7:30 - Speaker's Presentation
7:30 - 8:00 - Q&A
Josh (@starbuxman) is the Spring Developer Advocate at Pivotal. Josh is a Java Champion, author of 6 books (including O'Reilly's Cloud Native Java: Designing Resilient Systems with Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, and Cloud Foundry and the upcoming Reactive Spring) and numerous best-selling video trainings (including Building Microservices with Spring Boot Livelessons with Spring Boot co-founder Phil Webb), and an open-source contributor (Spring Boot, Spring Integration, Spring Cloud, Activiti and Vaadin).