Do you have a business idea or product that needs funding? Do you want to learn how startup funding works, what you need to do before trying to raise funding, and where you can go to get it? Then join us for a fundraising panel discussion, which will provide feature entrepreneurs who have successfully raised money for their businesses and investors actively funding businesses. Learn expert tips, big pitfalls to avoid, what investors are looking for, how equity works, and more. Reception with food and drinks to follow at Holland & Knight.
Investor panel includes:
- Ablorde Ashigbi, Associate, Pritzker Group Venture Capital
- Suzanne Reade, President, Chicago ArchAngels
- Aidan Salvi, Founder, Wesapi Technologies (Founder Institute Mentor)
- Rajesh Voddiraju, Founder & CEO, HealthiPASS (Founder Institute Mentor)
- Ira Weiss, General Partner, Hyde Park Venture Partners
- Jason Jacobsohn, Chicago Director, Founder Institute (moderator)
Sponsored by Founder Institute Chicago, Holland & Knight, MWC Accounting
Who Should Attend?
• Anyone who is thinking about raising money for their idea or business
• Anyone that wants an understanding of fundraising for early stage businesses and products
What are some of the Topics?
• The key metrics and pre-requisites for raising funding, and the anatomy of a "fundable" company
• How to make yourself more attractive to investors
• How to utilize online fundraising networks and platforms, like AngelList, Gust, Kickstarter, and Indiegogo.
• How to meet and work with different sources of capital, such as friends and family, angel investors, venture capitalists, government grants and loans, and more.
• and more...
What is the Agenda?
• Welcome and Socializing
• Talks from Entrepreneurs who have raised capital, and Investors who fund startups
• Question and Answer
• Introduction to the Founder Institute
• Reception with light food and drinks to follow at Holland & Knight
This event is FREE, and we expect over 50 people in attendance. For more information, visit http://fi.co/e/116421/meetup
Hope to see you there!
Also remember to sign up for our Founder Insight mailing list to receive exclusive startup training videos and articles every Monday and Thursday: http://eepurl.com/SLa
This event is free to attend. Join us for a fun evening! For more free startup events, visit http://FI.co/events (http://fi.co/events).