addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

ChicagoVeg» Chicagoland Vegetarian-Vegan-RawFood Community Message Board › CVM Executive Team Meeting Agenda - April 2009

CVM Executive Team Meeting Agenda - April 2009

Vadim
vadim424
Group Organizer
Oak Brook, IL
Post #: 40
CVM Executive Team Meeting Agenda:

1. Brainstorm and plan our new events for the next 3-6 months

2. Review the purpose/mission and establish goals for the groups
a. Discuss how to manage both Vegan & Vegetarian groups
b. One website for both groups
c. Define roles and responsibilities of Asst. Organizers

3. What can be improved or any special event ideas

4. Overview/Training: Using Meetup.com Administrative features for Organizers

5. Outreach:

a. Finding other Vegetarian groups/networks and partner with them for joint events

b. Promoting on other websites:
- Myspace.com
- Craigslist.com
- Idealist.org
- Livejornal.com

c. Finding sponsors (to pay for website, supplies, promotional gifts and to eliminate $1 donations)

d. Template of letter I use:

--------------------------------------­-------------------------------
Dear ________,

My name is Vadim and I am the organizer of Chicago Vegetarian Meetup
(www.meetup.com/ChicagoVegetarians) and Chicago Vegan Meetup (www.meetup.com/ChicagoVegans) groups.

We currently have about 800 members between these two groups and we are looking for local Vegan/Vegetarian organizations/companies for mutual support and outreach.

There are three possible ways you could support our groups:
1. Cover our monthly expenses (meetup.com fees, supplies, and promotional materials) which are currently only about $20-25/month.
2. Add the links to our websites to your promotional materials.
3. Offer discounts for your events/products to our members.

In exchange you would get an opportunity to have "a targeted advertisement" among bunch of the local Vegan and Vegetarians who belong to our groups.

Please let me know your thoughts.

You can email me at meetup4@vadim.net.ru or call my cell at 773-430-3737.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Vadim
--------------------------------------­-------------------------------

Please post any suggestions what else should be discussed at the meeting.