If you're a single dad, or likely to become one, this group is for you. You're a single dad if you spend some or all of your time looking after your child(ren) on your own. This could be due to bereavement or separation, but that's not our focus. This informal, private group is a place to hook up with other dads in the Chilterns, share experiences and be the awesome dad you want to be. We're in the pilot phase right now, so please sign up if you're interested, and we'll start events as soon as we have enough members.
First, take a quick look at our rules:
1. Always observe Meetup's Community Guidelines. In particular, be real, be honest, be yourself, be respectful, and be compassionate.
2. What's said in Meetup, stays in Meetup. Act with integrity at all times. Treat everything you read and hear in the strictest confidence. Be mindful of the welfare of everyone's children, not just your own.
3. Feel free to socialise outside the group. The whole idea is to help you build up a good network to help you be an awesome dad.
4. Finally, don't use Chiltern Single Dads to offload your kids onto someone else. Asking the odd favour once you've established a few friendships is okay, of course, but this is a social network - not a child-minding service.
If this sounds good to you, simply apply to join us and we'll take it from there.
Meanwhile, you might be interested in the following links:
• Gingerbread - the national charity for single parents;
• It's about relationships - the latest research (2016) shows it's the quality of the relationships, not the number of parents, that matters to children
• Modern Fatherhood - social research and statistics about fathers in the 21st Century, from 2014
• The benefits of good relationships with your kids - some interesting research on what makes a great dad, from 2012
• What it's like to be single dad - from The Huffington Post, October 2015
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members