We organize playdates and events for children to hear and speak Chinese, learn about the heritage and experience the culture while having fun.
Who we are:
This group is created and managed by Mandarin Chinese speaking moms whose children are learning or speaking Chinese. We want to spice up our children’s learning and reveal to them the fun and wonder of our culture. We also share information related to Chinese studies and teaching in our group site pages and Facebook page.
For details of our activities, go to “Pages” in our group site, from the “Table of Contents”, find the page titled “An Outline of Our Activities”.
Who should join:
- Chinese speaking families with school-age children
- Non-Chinese speaking families with children learning Chinese
- Parents who want to learn Chinese language or culture together with their children
For the time being, most of our activities take place in San Gabriel Valley areas.
If you live outside SGV, you are welcome to join if one or more of the following statements are applicable to you:
- You are interested in joining at least one of the activities described above and can commit to participate despite they take place in the SGV areas.
- You want to unite Chinese-speaking or Chinese-learning families living in your area, and are willing host at least one event in your area (we can provide support and advices).
We welcome the participation and partnership of professional or aspiring Chinese teachers. Please send an email to email@example.com to give us a brief introduction of yourself and provide us your contact method.
How to join:
Click the “Join” button, upload a family picture (so that we know you are real and have some clues for us find you for the first time in our events), and answer five profile questions. We cannot approve your membership without your profile picture.
If you would like to preview the 5 profile questions, please find the page titled "Profile Questions" under the "Pages" section in our group site.
We look forward to meeting other friendly Chinese learning families to have fun, share experiences, information and resources.
“Language is not a genetic gift, it is a social gift. Learning a new language is becoming a member of the club - the community of speakers of that language.” ‒Frank Smith (Psycholinguist)
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members