Hey, you! If you're a single Christian who's 25ish-40ish, you've probably noticed that it's incredibly hard to find a church group catering to this demographic. We've searched high and low, church after church, exploring the various group options.
It seems there's a group for almost everyone else out there: college aged, young married, old married, mid married, single 40+, single 60+, divorced and single 40+, blended family 55+, young married with children, young married without children, young married blended with pets, 40+ remarried vegan blended pet family, etc., etc., etc.... But as for those of us that aren't quite "young adult" anymore, but not married or past the 40's, there's really not a lot of options other than just plain old men's and women's groups.
Churches don't really know what to do with us. It's a small demographic they don't know where to place. This demographic doesn't show up in a church group because there isn't one for them, and churches don't have a group for them because they don't show up. Stop the madness! If you're a single Christian who is 25ish-40ish, this group is for you. Let's meet-up, mingle, and see if we can start something beautiful together.
• Keep your RSVP current -- change it to "No" if you'll no longer be attending an event. If you RSVP "Yes" but don't show up, and this happens three times, you'll be removed from the group. No shows are no fun for anyone!
• Make sure you review the entire description and details of a meetup you'll be attending, as it contains vital information about the activity and where the group is meeting.
• Upload a current picture of yourself so we can spot you at events.
• If you make any comments (either on the Meetup site/app, or in person at an activity) that make another member of the group feel unsafe or threatened in any way, you'll be banned from the group. If you have concerns about another member of the group, please message April, the head organizer.
FYI and answers to FAQ:
• This group is open to Christians of any denomination or non-denominational church.
• If you're slightly out of the 25-40 age range, but feel comfortable hanging out with us, you're more than welcome to join and attend activities!
• Most activities are held in the East Valley (Phoenix area) because this is where the most active organizers live. :) If you want to see more activities closer to you, please volunteer to host some! We would love to see active organizers hosting regular meetups all over the valley.
• That being said, if you're not up for hosting/organizing a meetup but you still have ideas for some activities, message the organizers! :)
• Quite a few activities for this group are hosted by Michelle, who runs the new Pulse Singles Ministry group at the Living Word Bible Church. You're always welcome to attend services at that church, but there's no obligation to do so. You can always just join in for the activities posted here.
• Not sure what to expect at a Meetup? Nervous about attending? Feel free to message the host of the event or start a discussion to get to know people. We chat and laugh a lot at our activities, and by the end of an event, you'll have made some new friends.
Welcome to the group! We look forward to seeing you at the next activity!