What we're about
Upcoming events (1)
Pay on Ticketleap or Paypal:
Stuck at home during the pandemic lockdown, I watched a huge number of short films online. Most ranged from mediocre to truly awful. However, there were some good ones, and even the occasional "gem". At this event we will view and discuss 4-6 of my favorites, including:
- a Black director's serious comedy (not sure how else to categorize it) about the fear of police violence against minorities
- an upsetting work about two boys playing outside, oblivious to the dangerousness of their surroundings
- an inspiring tale of a homeless teen's encounter with a man who has multiple disabilities
- and more!
DISCLAIMER: Although most of the titles we will see have won major awards, including Oscar nominations, some are uplifting while others deal with controversial topics or have bleak storylines that you may find extremely depressing. Viewer discretion is advised.
- After paying online, please check your credit or debit card account to make sure that the transaction went through.
- RSVP without payment does NOT reserve your spot or lock in the price.
- Around 2pm on October 23, (one day before), the price will go from $11 to $16 if the event has not sold out. Purchasing your spot as early as possible is recommended.
- Join my private VIP mailing list for special offers and earlier/more reliable notice of the events that interest you. Sign up here:
- Sales end at noon on the day of the screenings.
- Zoom link will be emailed 1 to 2 hours before start time.
- Sorry, refunds and exchanges are not available unless the event is cancelled or rescheduled. If you bought a ticket but can't make it, please note that links to the featured videos will be sent to all ticket buyers (both attendees and no-shows) the next day.
- The screenings and discussion will last about two and a half hours.
- This event was created specifically for members of my meetup groups and private email lists, their guests, and special invitees.
Please note that the total RSVP count includes people coming from other Meetup and non-Meetup groups. It is manually updated every 12 - 48 hours and is NOT an arbitrary number. However, also remember that "no-shows" can never be accurately predicted.
See you online!