What we're about
Do you see a lot of movies at Kendall Square Cinema, the Brattle Theater, Coolidge Corner, West Newton? Are you unfazed by subtitles? When you tell people your favorite director, do they have to Google the name to find out who you're talking about? Do you find poetry in black-and-white studio-era pictures, off-the-radar art-house films, and challenging foreign fare? Do you look forward to meeting other film fans, and even getting to talk about the movies, as much as actually seeing them?
Then this Meetup is for you!
Each meeting will be to see a film, to be followed by a meal or a drink, over which we can discuss the film--and whatever else comes to mind. :) Films need not be restricted to the Brattle, the Kendall, or even a Cambridge cinema at all!
Organizers are responsible for:
1. Choosing a film and showtime.
2. Identifying a place to meet at the film.
3. Choosing a reasonably priced venue near the cinema for food and drink after the show and making reservations when necessary. (Carter can help with suggestions.)
To help make each meetup of this group be a success, members are responsible for:
1. Keeping their RSVP status current for a movie they've signed up for.
2. Bringing cash to any eatery. It makes paying the bill in a group SO much easier!
Thank you and enjoy the show ... and each other!
The Management ;)