Are you new to Cleveland, or the surrounding area? Are you a long time resident but new to socializing in the Cleveland area? Then welcome to the Cleveland New-In-Town (or Not ) Meetup Group!
We are a 21+ group, consisting of both singles and couples, no matter how long you've lived here. Our group is all about meeting and making great new friends. Our mission is to introduce residents of Greater Cleveland to unique events and places in the area. We'd like this group to be a member driven group and we will provide events for people to explore. We need your input and help in keeping this awesome group successful!! We are a Cuyahoga County-based group, but we will occasionally have events outside of the county.
The Organizers of the NIT Group will be scheduling events in the following categories but are always open to new suggestions by our members:
dinners, walks, hikes, karaoke, local festivals, pub crawls, live music events, lunch, brunch, volunteering, kayaking, Mystery Pub Crawls, etc.
A FEW FYI'S:
Does this sound like the group for you? If so, join, and answer a couple of quick questions. Membership is free, and will always be free. We do not charge member dues like other groups.
1) Profile Pictures and First Names (no nicknames) are required at all times, not just for joining the group. Pictures need to be just you, not a group of people. The Leadership Team needs to be able to recognize you at events. You are welcome to use the first initial of your last name, especially if your first name is common, but for security reasons, I highly suggest NOT using your last name.
2) We keep track of no-shows and last minute cancellations. Please only RSVP if you plan on being there. If your plans happen to change, please update your RSVP as soon as you can. Sometimes, having no-shows and/or last minute cancellations can impact you not being able to attend certain events.
3) We are a social group, not a dating group. If your intention is to come to events and find a date, this is not the group for you. This is not the place for you to be on the prowl.
4) Make sure you sign into the website if you regularly use the app. The website is completely different than the app, and has features that are not available on the app.
5) This is not a business recruiting or networking group. It is also not a place to recruit members for your own Meetup group.
6) If you’d like to volunteer to be an Event Host and schedule events yourself, contact Gayle, the Organizer. She occasionally plans events for members who have an interest in organizing, but there's no need to wait for one of those events to be planned.
7) If you do not meet the member requirements, you may be given reminders, or you may be removed from the group if multiple reminders are given, and are ignored.
**Anyone who is deemed not a good fit for various reasons will be removed from the group at the sole discretion of the organizer(s). Events that this former member paid for in advance may or may not be reimbursed depending on the reason for removal. This will be discussed by the Leadership Team, and a decision will be made on a case by case scenario.