The Climate Reality Project seeks to create a global solution to the climate crisis by making urgent action a necessity across every level of society. The Chicago Chapter works to build local-level solutions — transformation where we are — while bringing a global perspective. We are all connected. Anyone interested in getting into action is welcome! We're one of 100+ nonpartisan national chapters of climate activists.
It's our second meeting!! EVERYONE is invited, current Climate Reality Leaders as well as anyone from the general public who is interested in learning more about our climate change and furthermore, steps and actions we can take.
The topic of discussion will be a "Listen. Lead. Share.” session as these can still contribute back to our state coalition providing community voices to prospective policy. With the switch over from fossil fuels to clean energy, coalitions involved in policy writing are looking to hear from community members, their opinions and thoughts, so that policies can be written to gain the most support from the public. Share your voice and help shape future policies for positive environmental change!
Meeting to take place in the Rasmussen South Room on the second floor.
There’s growing support for carbon pricing as a necessary
step to address climate change. It’s supported by 88
countries and a broad array of public interest groups yet
most Americans know very little about carbon pricing.
Come to learn:
• Why pricing is an effective policy for climate action
• How pricing will speed a transition to renewable energy
• Many co-benefits including employment and jobs
• The broad, diverse groups that support pricing
• How you can support a carbon pricing policy
CP101 presentations are presented and sponsored by:
• Citizens' Climate Lobby (IL)
• The Climate Reality Project - Chicago, IL Chapter
• League of Women Voters (Arlington Heights, Mt. Prospect, Buffalo Grove, Wheeling, Prospect Heights, Elk Grove Village).
This presentation is hosted by:
• Homewood Science Center