Our first meetup for 2019 will focus on improving the OpenStreetMap by helping the Humanitarian (HOT) mapping efforts.
HOT is an international team dedicated to humanitarian action and community development through open mapping. Its goal is to improve the map and to provide map data which revolutionizes disaster mapping and contributes to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals ( http://www.data4sdgs.org/).
There are several ongoing mapping projects:
1. Red Cross - Ayeyarwady Delta: https://tasks.hotosm.org/contribute?difficulty=ALL&text=Ayeyarwady
2. Tanzania Development Trust: https://tasks.hotosm.org/contribute?difficulty=ALL&organisation=Tanzania%20Development%20Trust
3. Ongoing Disaster mapping: https://tasks.hotosm.org/contribute?difficulty=ALL&text=disaster
1. Socialize with other mappers & pizza
2. OSMHot short presentation
3. Contributing to one of the ongoing mapping projects
1. As the event will be focused exclusively on editing, please bring a laptop and charger
2. (optional) JOSM installed on your laptop
If you would like to know more about HOT check out the following: