What we're about
4, 5, and 6 String Players of any skill level. If you can play at least 4 chords on a Ukulele, Banjo, or Guitar, and you have Vocal Cords, you’re invited! Thus, STRINGS and C(H)ORDS. Get it? And why not fiddles?
6-7pm Hootenanny. For those under 60, a Hootenanny is a whole group sing and play along. 🎶😉
7-7:15 Refreshment and Schmoozing
7:15-8pm Open 🎤 or Song Teaching.
Music lists and sheets for the Hootenanny segment will be posted on our Meetup Site at least one week ahead of each meeting, and print outs available on site. Links to YouTube versions will be posted as available so you can become acquainted with the songs ahead of time. Song sheets will be in several formats as acquirable, including:
* Lyrics and letter chords for strumming ... sing as you know or can pick up
* Lyrics, melody, and letter chords for strumming and singing (sheet music w/ chords)
* Finger picking tablature for Ukulele.
* Bring your own acoustic; electric if you bring your own equipment
* UKULELES — 9 to use onsite; 5 to borrow for practice
* BANJO — 1 - 5 String and 1 Banjolele to use onsite
* GUITAR — 2 Acoustic to use onsite
... and just for kicks ... 1 Cello.
Chrisanne will lead until others volunteer! She is a gifted teacher, and pretty good player ... more than pretty good with ukulele. She has been leading Strings Supported Sing Alongs since Summer Camp many, many years ago. She has played Uke, Guitar, Banjo, and Cello since Junior High School.
* Pacifica and nearby communities
* Specific site(s) TBD based on participation.
* I’m tossing out 1st Wednesday, except July — group to decide on alternative to 4th of July💥
* Let’s see what works without agonizing over dates 😛🎶
* My philosophy is “Whoever needs to be there will be there; whatever needs to happen will happen!” With exquisite planning, of course!
HOPE YOU WILL JOIN UP!!!