Ready to Code for Buffalo? Join us in hearing Jonathan Gorczyca talk about taking a project from idea to reality.
Jonathan is a founder of local UX and digital product design firm, Helm Experience & Design. Jonathan will be explaining the process Helm uses to work with local companies and startups to take a business or feature idea from a napkin sketch to a powerful digital tool.
He'll be explaining how Helm works lean to evolve projects over time using important feedback from project stakeholders, designers, and developers to collaborate and maintain a project's success.
During Civic Hack Nights we get together as a community, work on projects, and build the movement of using data, technology, and design for a better Buffalo!
Everyone interested in how to get more civically engaged and working on projects - Welcome! We provide a safe space, wi-fi, and a group of great like-minded folks.
You can join any of our existing projects or come share your idea and maybe start a new collaboration.
Have fun and do good!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
• What do I need to know before showing up?
Please be familiar with and follow our Code of Conduct (https://github.com/codeforamerica/codeofconduct) in-person and online.
• Do I need to bring anything?
We highly recommend you bring a laptop if you need it for project work as Code for Buffalo does not currently provide any devices.
• Who is this event for? Do I need to be a coder?
No! We need civic hackers of all varieties. Healthy civic tech projects have software developers, designers, community partners, project managers/owners, testers, and need lots of help. We welcome you to contribute your expertise whatever it looks like.
How else can you get involved?
• For first timers interested in joining projects, we recommend bringing a laptop. You can also submit a brand new project here! (https://goo.gl/forms/CIgir1eDJh6Qn90n1)
• Help us get to know you with this Getting Involved form (https://goo.gl/forms/wfWaDwOluEeZvKKr1)
• Explore our website (https://codeforbuffalo.org/) and sign up for our email list (http://eepurl.com/dA-KWL)
• Follow us on Twitter & Facebook @CodeForBuffalo (https://twitter.com/codeforbuffalo)
• Join the conversation on Slack (http://bit.ly/2Q1dHhW) and our Facebook group Buffalo Open Data Community (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1312675832188711/)
• Get inspired by some of the Code for America Summit videos sessions with amazing speakers (https://www.youtube.com/user/CodeforAmerica/playlists)
***Attendance implies consent to our Code of Conduct***