If your interactions on the terminal window are little more then running basic commands like cd, ls, mkdir, etc then you’re missing out on a powerful tool. Even a basic understanding of bash can give you a massive productivity boost. Script all those boring tasks you need to do, automate backups, make deployment new versions of an application a 1 line command.
This workshop will introduce you to the basics of bash and writing scripts. You’ll learn about powerful commands like find, grep, sed, rsync. We’ll write scripts to for tasks to deploy applications, run backups and create release notes from git commit logs.
This workshop is for you if:
• you’re happy with running very basic commands on the terminal (e.g. ls, cd, mkdir)
• you want to boost your productivity with a better understanding of writing scripts.
This workshop is not for you if:
• you’ve never opened a terminal window before
• you’re already a shell scripting superstar.
You need a laptop with bash. This could be any of:
• any laptop running linux, either for real or on a VM or
• a mac
• Windows with git bash (https://git-for-windows.github.io/)installed
This workshop will be run by Dave Liddament from Bristol PHP Training (https://www.meetup.com/Bristol-PHP-Training/)with whom we are excited to co-host this Meetup. You can sign up there or here.
Nibbles and drinks will be provided