It's Raspberry Pi's 6th anniversary birthday party!
There will be workshops, demos, and talks given about Raspberry Pi and IoT related technologies by local technology professionals.
This is a family friendly event! All ages are welcome!
The floor is totally open for demos! Bring your projects to show off!
Coffee & Pi (https://meetup.com/Coffee-and-Pi)
Raspberry Pi (https://raspberrypi.org)
Philly GraphDB (https://meetup.com/Philly-GraphDB)
PhillyIoT Meetup (https://meetup.com/Philadelphia-Internet-of-Things-Meetup)
Coded by Kids (http://codedbykids.com)
Hopeworks Camden (https://hopeworks.org)
• Coffee & Pi demos - Brad is building dueling Tiny 4WD robots that are controlled with wireless PlayStation 3 controllers. We will also have a Raspberry Pi selfie photo booth based on one of our earliest Meetup talks. Have your picture taken and join the party!
• Neo4j x Philly GraphDB demo - Philly GraphDB will be showing how you can screen scrape web content, store it and process data using the Neo4j(Graph Database) on a Raspberry Pi. Our goal is to scrape online science news feeds so we can gather engaging content for user to interact with. Users will be able to tag their favorite content and share it with friends.
• Coded by Kids workshop - Want to build your own website? Coded by Kids volunteers will be on hand to guide interested kids (and parents!) through a basic website building exercise using HTML & CSS.
• Hopeworks Camden demos - Hopeworks Camden will be demonstrating a miniature flying blimp powered by a Raspberry Pi, as well as hosting a demo from projects built by some of their students.
• TechGirlz workshop - Prior to the event, there will be a workshop for a group of 20 middle school girls! It's volunteer-run and made possible through the kind donation of Bresslergroup. Register on the TechGirlz website for additional information! (http://techgirlz.org/techshop/scratch-raspberry-pi-2/)
Coffee, pastries, and birthday cake will be served, compliments of Neo4j.