Join us this month on the East Cowpen trail as we trim back vegetation from the trail corridor. More details to follow.
What to Bring? work gloves, sturdy footwear, lunch, 1-2 liters of water, and a daypack to carry it in. Long pants are recommended.
- From Chatsworth, GA, travel east on Hwy 52 about 17 miles crossing over Fort Mountain.
- Turn left onto Conasauga road, County road (CR) 299, at the green sign to Lake Conasauga, and go about 1.5 miles. CR 299 runs into Forest Service road 18 just after the road turns from paved to gravel.
- Stay straight on Forest Service road 18 and go about 2.2 miles.
- Bear right onto FS 68, where the road forks, and travel to the top of the mountain.
- At the top of the mountain, at the T-intersection, turn right onto FS 64 and travel 4.4 miles to the Three Forks trailhead on the left.
- From Atlanta, take I-75 north to I-575.
- Take I-575 north to Ellijay. I-575 turns into Hwy 515/5.
- In Ellijay, go to the second traffic light at the Hardee's and turn left.
- Go to the stop sign and turn left onto Hwy 52 west.
- Stay on Hwy 52 West around the square and out of town.
- After about 9 miles, turn right onto Conasauga road, CR 299. There is a green sign pointing to Lake Conasauga here.
- Then follow directions above (from Chatsworth) to get to the trailhead.
Car pooling and caravan opportunities are available. (email Robert at [masked] or Larry at [masked])