What we're about
A small supportive group dedicated to help people improve their public speaking and presentation skills in a safe and friendly environment.
New members often say they’ve spent months (sometimes years) hiding from their fear of public speaking. If you decide to join us you will be in the company of people who joined Colchester Speakers Club for the same reasons you are thinking of joining – and who will be developing their public speaking alongside you.
“There are only two types of speaker in the world – the nervous and liars” Mark Twain.
At Colchester Speakers Club we learn from each other and we develop our confidence and speaking skills in a reassuring and supportive environment. Come along and improve your Public Speaking, Presentation and Leadership skills. You will learn useful techniques such as:
- how to introduce yourself to others,
- how to structure a speech so others can follow what you're saying,
- how to really mean what you say,
- how to use gestures as part of a speech,
- how to vary your voice effectively, using changes of pace, pitch and volume,
- how to put pauses in all the right places (as Winston Churchill did),
- how to use word pictures to enliven a speech,
- how to add humour to a speech,
- how to give a masterpiece.
We meet at the Colchester Conservative Club on the 2nd Tuesday of the month so come along and find out more!