Local Hikes / Regional Hikes / Section Hikes / Thru Hikes / 12ers / 13ers / 14ers / International Summits / Snowshoeing / Back Packing / Camping / Out of State Back Country Adventures
The idea for this group manifested itself through me meeting some of the most interesting people on this planet through some of my own great adventures since moving here to Colorado. I want to bring people together and to share future grand adventures with while forming long lasting relationships and making great memories in the process!! We are not only humans that like to hike, we are also full fillers of dreams manifesting themselves into reality, and "we would rather die living, instead of living just to die"!!
ATTENTION: THIS IS AN INTERMEDIATE-BEGINNER AND BEYOND, ADVENTURE GROUP!!! MOST ALL HIKES WILL BE 6+ MILES IN LENGTH WITH THE "RARE EXCEPTION" OF EARLY TO LATE SPRING LOCAL HIKES!! THIS IS NOT A CAR CAMPING GROUP (unless the occasional dispersed camping near a remote trailhead, or rare specific mass group event for group community social reasons)!!! PLEASE READ ALL AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ALL INCLUDED BEFORE JOINING!!! IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ANY FORE MENTIONED, OR OF THE BELOW LISTED, THEN PLEASE FEEL FREE TO FIND ANOTHER GROUP THAT IS APPROPRIATE FOR YOU!!
THINGS TO KNOW AND BASIC ADULT GROUND RULES: - This Group is open to anyone Male or Female 25+ years of age that are in "Good Physical Condition" of "Sound Mind" are "Emotionally Stable", and that have some solid hiking / back country experience.
- If you sign up for an event and are unable to attend for any reason, please remove yourself from the list of "Joined" so that people on the 'Waitlist" have an opportunity to fill in slots and attend. There will be a 3 strike and you are out of group policy for "Joining an event and No Showing"!!
- Leave your Pride and Ego at the Tralihead, there is no room for that in the Back Country. Show Respect to your group leader as well as other members of the group, and they will show respect to you in return.
- While You and the Groups "Safety" is 100% my top concern / priority...every single Individual Participant in any Event is also ultimately 100% Responsible for their own Safety/Health/Well Being including but not limited to their own actions out on the Trail as well as their Individual interactions with other members of this group.
- 3 Main Points of discussion before leaving for any event will be...#1 Do you have any Medical Conditions that I need to be made aware of and do you have all medications necessary, and / or are their any special instructions I need to know about pertaining to your medical condition...#2 Do you have any type of Medical Experience whether it be CPR/1st Aide, Wilderness 1st Aide, Wilderness 1st Responder, Paramedic, Nurse, Doctor etc. in case of worst case scenario so I know who I can rely on to help out with any possible back country emergnecy...#3 Do you have all proper gear including clothing, food hydration etc.
- Make sure to have all proper gear before signing up for an Event and know how to use it, do not expect anyone or rely on anyone having any extra/spare gear to lend out to you at Car Pooling Site and/or Trail Head (although you may get lucky, but I would deff. would not count on it). If you do not have proper gear and/ or medications during pre-trip gear check (depending on the gear in question), you may be politely turned away from attending the specific event (this is all about Safety, not disrespect).
- If you are an Out of Stater that moved to Colorado, you must have at least 1 year of hiking and Back Country Experience in the State of Colorado before joining this group.
- We help build people up, not tear them down! People that are quick to admit their mistakes, open and willing to learn from their own mistakes as well as others are more than welcome.
- This is not a Singles/Dating Group (that is what Tinder and other Apps are for), this is an "Adventure Group"!! The main point is, NO unwanted sleazy advances on women of this group by men...you will not be welcome back to this group if that type of behavior becomes a problem for women of this group!! If people make an organic connection, I will obviously respect that, be happy for you, and wish you well.
- Respect all others ethnicity, gender identification, beliefs, customs, culture and views on life and/or the world around them in general...leave your day to day life drama at home and do not create any unnecessary drama among group members....we are all out here together to get away from the daily grind and to enjoy nature in it's most raw form as much as possible!!
- No matter Male or Female, life is a 2 way street, if you have a problem with someone in the group that you do not feel comfortable with handling it on your own, please feel free to address me with any concerns and I will handle the individual situations accordingly to there level of severity.
Being that this is a newly formed group...all information contained above may be edited in the future as time passes and as the the group evolves.