Dedicated to Building Colorado’s Writing Community, the Colorado Writers’ Café provides an easy way for writers to connect with multiple writing groups, discover networking opportunities, and find the writing classes and presentations that will help them develop their skills as writers.
Whether you are just starting your first memoir, writing short stories, or crafting the great-American novel the Colorado Writers’ Café can help writers of all levels find their tribes. Please visit our main calendar (https://www.meetup.com/Colorado-Writers-Cafe/events/calendar/) page for a complete listing events from participating groups.
We are Little Different • To provide our members with the best exposure to multiple writing groups, Colorado Writers’ Café features events on its calendar (https://www.meetup.com/Colorado-Writers-Cafe/events/calendar/) from organizations throughout the state. Not all of their members respond on our Meetup page, so the RSVP numbers for an event are typically lower than the actual attendance.
• Some organizations on our calendar charge for memberships and events. Colorado Writers’ Café does not accept registration fees on behalf of these organizations. To register for these events, you must follow the links provided to the host’s web page to complete and confirm your registration.
• You may notice that our location periodically changes to different towns around Colorado. These location changes are based on the events scheduled during a particular week, which makes it easier for writers to find events closer to home.
• As Colorado Writer’s Café grows, we are adding more and more groups to our calendar. If you would like to see your events on our calendar please contact us. There are a few provisos and matters of fine print. Our goal is to promote the writing community in general, so please no book signings. If your group meets regularly at a public location (e.g., library, coffee shop) we will be happy to review it.
• We post events for multiple groups, and vet the groups added to the calendar as well as we can. Always use good judgement when attending any Meetup, and we do not recommend attending meetups at private residences.
• We do not accept money for events on behalf of any group appearing on our calendar. Event registration fees are paid directly to the writing organizations, and CWC is not responsible for refunding or reimbursement of any fees paid to these independent organizations.