addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Colorado Springs Vegan Events Message Board › Vegan Food Alternatives and Favorite Vegan foods

Vegan Food Alternatives and Favorite Vegan foods

Lisa
user 7165713
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 10
I was actually one of those vegetarians that thought I could not go vegan but there are some great foods out there that are worth checking out.

Milk: If you don't like soy milk- almond and hemp milk are great alternatives
Cheese: Vegan Gourmet makes a great tasting Monterey Jack and mozzarella cheese
Butter: Earth Balance (could fool anyone that it is not real butter)
Eggs: Recipe is listed already. Made with tofu and seasonings.

If you don't have much time these are great premade vegan foods:

-Amy's Roasted Vegetable pizza -no cheese (frozen)
-Amy's Black Beans and Vegetables Enchilada (frozen)
-Thai Kitchen- Noodle dishes (mix with veggies for a great stir fry) will say vegan on box for ones without anchovy
-Rising Moon Organics Butternut Squash Ravioli (frozen) add some olive oil and chopped garlic on top
-Sunshine Burgers (frozen)- all natural nut burgers

What are your favorite store bought vegan foods?
A former member
Post #: 1
I got so tired of looking for and not finding ANY options that I have resigned myself to making things myself. That being said, I love to cook! My favorite cookbooks:

Veganomicon
Vegan with a Vengeance
Vegan Cupcakes Take over the World
The Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook
The Joy of Vegan Baking

For brands of things to buy!

Veganaise = JUST like mayo! It's in the vegetarian section, refrigerated, top shelf above the tofu, at Whole Foods~ 3 types to choose from. Just trying it? Go with the green lid.

Earth Balance ~ perfect "butter". It tastes good as a spread, can be used in baking, or for saute'. Whole Foods and King Soopers carry it, for sure. Brown tub, or at WF you can find it in sticks too.

Silk brand creamer for coffee is a must. The regular is ok if you have GOOD coffee ($$), otherwise, I can suggest getting equal portions of the vanilla and hazelnut and mixing them. The two together are amazing. Regular and vanilla you can get at King Soopers, Hazelnut I've only ever seen at WF.

Silk milk is the best soy milk I've tried

Rice Dream is the best for rice.

Soy Delicious brand ice cream = almost as good as Ben & Jerry... almost.

Rice Dream makes ice cream if you are anti-soy and want the yummies. :)

I'm sure I can come up with more if anyone wants. ;)