Columbia Writers is a close-knit group of dedicated writers and authors from all over the Balto-DC metro area. We take pride in each others' work and our shared goal is to encourage the work into its best possible version with the end goal of publication. All fiction genres are welcomed—we do not critique non-fiction or poetry.
Check out our blog here: https://columbiawriters.wordpress.com/
- 20/20 Critique Group (10 attendees): 2 writers submit up to 20 pages each. Prior attendance required before volunteering to submit. 20/20 IS THE SUGGESTED FIRST MEET FOR NEW MEMBERS.
- Small Group Critique (5 attendees): Every attendee submits up to 10 pages. Open to all.
- Novel in 6: Meets monthly for 6 months toward the goal of each member completing a novel. We work on pitches, first 5 pages, plot & character development, outlines, etc.
- As a group, we have published two anthologies currently available on Amazon: Bistro Bites andTrapped Tales.
- Extra events such as workshops, beta swaps, write-ins, conferences, etc.
- Awesome holiday parties, socials, and retreats. Starving writers unite!
New members are welcome to apply provided they are able to regularly participate; click on 'join us' to complete the application questions. Please answer all 5 questions fully so we can determine if CW is a good fit for you. A photograph of yourself (i.e. headshot) is requested so we can look for you at your first meet. Also, look for us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/columbiawri... and Twitter at https://twitter.com/columbiawriters.
~ Columbia Writers
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Monday, May 1, 2017 10:00 AM
Tuesday, May 2, 2017 7:00 PM
Wednesday, May 3, 2017 7:00 PM
Monday, May 8, 2017 10:00 AM
Wednesday, May 10, 2017 7:00 PM
Monday, May 15, 2017 10:00 AM
Tuesday, May 16, 2017 7:00 PM
Wednesday, May 17, 2017 7:00 PM
Monday, May 22, 2017 10:00 AM
Wednesday, May 24, 2017 7:00 PM
Monday, May 29, 2017 10:00 AM
Wednesday, May 31, 2017 7:00 PM
Monday, June 5, 2017 10:00 AM
Wednesday, June 7, 2017 7:00 PM
Monday, June 12, 2017 10:00 AM
Wednesday, June 14, 2017 7:00 PM
Monday, June 19, 2017 10:00 AM
Tuesday, June 20, 2017 7:00 PM
Wednesday, June 21, 2017 7:00 PM
Monday, June 26, 2017 10:00 AM