What are the risks of consciousness raising? Consciousness raising is usually a good experience and it might be tempting to pursue without considering the consequences. In this meetup, we will use the Lean Coffee format (http://www.leancoffee.org) to discuss aspects of consciousness raising, including:
• What do you see as the benefits of CH? What about the costs?
• How do you experience NOSC?
• Have you used technology to increase your awareness? If so, what have you used? What was your experience?
• Have you used other methods (non-technological) to increase your awareness?
• The CH movement is focused on technologies that raise/alter consciousness. What would you include in this area? Are there consciousness-raising techniques you’d like to include, even if they aren’t related to technology?
What is the Lean Coffee discussion format? Check out the Lean Coffee website here (http://www.leancoffee.org).
In this discussion, participants set the agenda. Our last 2 meetups have generated vibrant discussions of consciousness hacking, what it is, and how it works. Tonight we want to personalize it. How does it work in your life? Are there any methods you want to try? What consciousness-raising topics would you like to discuss tonight? Are there other topics you’d like to learn more about in the future?
Come join us, meet other Consciousness Hackers, and have a tasty dinner at Shut Up and Eat.