What “Conciseness” Means, Why It Makes More Business Sense Than Ever, and How to Achieve It
Do you think that you and the writers on your team already write concisely? Attend this session, and learn how to tighten your text even more. With translations costing around $0.25 per word per language and with small screens squeezing the “page,” this timeless skill has become more timely than ever. Marcia shares tips on how to transform flabby—costly—text into specimens of lean content.
Participants will learn
* How flabby writing hurts business
* Why “concise” does not equal “short”
* Why you don't need a double-standard to write for small screens
* How to tighten and energize your writing
Things/materials to bring
Bring writing samples typical of your work other than proprietary or intellectual property samples—not necessarily your own. We intend to embarrass no one!
* Owner of a technical-writing business for 20+ years
* One-time technical-writing instructor in the Engineering School at Cornell University
* Author of "Word Up! How to Write Powerful Sentences and Paragraphs (And Everything You Build from Them)"
* For more, see HowToWriteEverything.com (http://www.HowToWriteEverything.com)
One lucky attendee will win a copy of "Word Up!"