What we're about
Meet new people, enjoy getting your exercise, dance to great live music – all in the contra dance capital of New Hampshire! If you like to dance, you will love Contra dancing, the most social type of dancing you can find. It is not necessary to come with a partner – everyone can and does ask everyone to dance. A free beginner’s lesson precedes most dances, and all dances are taught.
What you can expect at a New Hampshire Contra Dance:
• Friendly people of all ages and persuasions – young and old, married, couples, single, alone or with friends
• LBGT friendly
• Live music from various traditions - Celtic, American, Scottish and Quebecois fiddle traditions, Irish to Old Time to contemporary
• Special theme dances such as techno, community band and more
• Delicious snacks at the break - bring snacks and food to share • New dancers are always welcome.
• Affordable, social, healthy fun!
Some links to check out Contra dancing on You Tube:
An introductory video:
Welcome to Contra Dancing ! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuPbte5knOY&feature=youtu.be)
New Hampshire contra dances:
Nelson Town Hall (https://youtu.be/kC0VnbyNStA)
Peterborough Fall Ball 2012 (https://youtu.be/gzoh70Ah30s)
Dover Contra Dance (https://youtu.be/qBV3HIJ5eI8)
Contra Dance with Perpetual e-Motion (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KevQxr-saFw&feature=youtu.be)
Fiddling Frog (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4s3qQApbnk)