ODSC brings together the open-source and data science communities with the goal of helping its members learn, connect and grow.
The focus of this Meetup group is to allow ODSC to work with Meetup groups, non-profits, and other organizations to present informative lectures, workshops, code sprints and networking events to help grow the use of open source languages and tools within the data science and data-centric community. As such, our specific goals are:
1. Build a collaborative group to work with other Meetup groups, non-profits, and other organizations.
2. Promote the use of open source languages and tools amongst data scientists and others.
3. Host educational workshops.
4. Spread awareness of new open source languages and tools that can be used in data science.
5. Contribute back to the open-source community.
Who is this meetup for?
• Data engineers, analysts, scientists, and other practitioners
• R, Python and other software engineers who work with data or want to learn
• Data visualization developers and designers
• Non-technical team leads, executives, and other decision-makers from data-centric startups and large companies looking to utilize open-source tools
To access this webinar, please register here:
Topic: What makes Deep Learning a good match for NLP
Speaker: Uri Goren, Machine Learning Consultant at argmax.ml
Uri is an experienced NLP practitioner, having worked for several Fortune 500 companies, and startups as an ML and NLP researcher.
Today, Uri is leading argmax.ml, a consulting firm for NLP and recommender systems.
» Skilled machine learning and artificial intelligence researcher, with a hands-on attitude.
» Programming since elementary school, founded several businesses over the years.
» Specializes in Rapid development, Developing POCs and bringing results fast.
» Passionate about language (natural and formal), and statistical thinking.
» Organizer of nlpday.ml, PyData Tel-Aviv.
In this talk we would cover the basics of the linguistic theory, the 4 layers of linguistic analysis, and how deep learning fits in this scheme.
We would discuss the upsides and downsides of using deep learning for NLP applications and give a short intro to transformers.
Use discount code - Meetup2020 - to get an extra 10% off on your pass for Virtual Conference Europe and Virtual Conference West. Extra discount applied over website prices - https://bit.ly/2ZzbBN2
• Get free access to more talks/trainings like this at AI+ Training platform:
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OPENDATASCI
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/odsc & @odsc
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/open-data-science
• Slack Channel: http://bit.ly/2RkOf9l
• Europe Conference 17th–19th Sept 2020: https://odsc.com/europe/
• West Conference Oct 27th – 30th, 2020: https://odsc.com/california/
• Code of conduct: https://odsc.com/code-of-conduct/