We're happy to be part of a couple, and we realize that we just aren't into the same things as when we were single! Instead of going to a dive bar, we might go on a craft brewery tour. We like to have dinner parties and get togethers at our homes. We like to do our date nights at plays, musicals, museums, cooking classes, and nice restaurants. We like to get together with other couples and just hang out. This group aims to bring couples together to experience a lot of the wonderful things that LA offers. Participating in the more mundane to the truly unique meetups, we will have fun and make friends along the way. The possibilities are endless!
1. 3 no call/no shows and you're out. None of us enjoy waiting for people that never show up. We all run late from time to time and sometimes we all have to cancel. Be courteous and let us know when this happens. Very few people are living without smart phones these days.
2. We try to take pictures at every meetup to show we are real people. We will also tag you. If you have any issues with having your picture taken, let us know in advance.
3. From time to time, we may require a small fee to RSVP for our events. This will be done to discourage flakes. If you show up and/or officially cancel 24 hours prior, the fee will be returned to you. Other events like boating, movies, etc., may not have a refund policy.
4. There is a $10 annual membership fee per couple (good for 12 months). This is to cover the costs to host the meetups.
5. We will do everything we can to make you feel welcome and included in the group. Please let us know how we can make the group better for you!
Movie + Dinner location TBD. Plan on eating dinner in the Century City/Westwood area and then heading to the AMC theater at Westfield Century City.
If you have a movie you've been want to see or a restaurant you've been wanting to try, please write them in the comments section.
Largo is one of those hidden gems of LA, and if you haven't checked it out yet, this is your chance!
Largo has great acts (including some awesome Judd Apatow shows recently featuring amazing guests) perform in this intimate/ historic theater in Beverly Hills. It's a mix of comedy, music, and offbeat talks, radio/podcast tapings, and the like. Regulars include Sarah Silverman, Tom Papa, Aimee Mann, Jon Brion, Bo Burham, John C Reilly, Jeff Garlin, Pete Holmes, and the list goes on
Check out their calendar: