What we're about
We are one of the largest badminton community in India based out of Bangalore. We work on solving the various problems faced by badminton enthusiasts from the ground level like finding and booking a venue in close proximity, finding players to play with, improve skills gradually by knowledge exchange during practice sessions and curated training plans, guidance to get right set of badminton equipment’s and accessories etc. Unlike any other club or group our arms are wide open to welcome beginners and armatures.
we strongly believe that: "The expert in anything was once a beginner"
Like, Subscribe & Stay Connected
Web : www.crazzyshuttlers.com
About The Game
Badminton is quite simply one of the most awesome sports you can play.Since 1992, badminton has been an Olympic sport with five events: men's and women's singles, men's and women's doubles, and mixed doubles. Now from 2014 here is your meetup group for the same 5 types of events. We welcome all you Bangalorian badminton players and interested Amateur Shuttlers. Let's get together and live our passion like never before. Here are some of the extraordinary reason one should play the game of Badminton.
1. Social Benefit: you can play doubles if you want to have a bit more fun and enjoy the game. If you join this group you’ll find that you’ll be off court occasionally. During those times, you’ll get to mingle, socialize and make lots of new friends. This increase the understanding and co-ordination when you know a person out of court as well.
2. Reflexes/Fitness/Agility: with badminton you will develop lightening quick reflexes. You can play singles to increase your fitness.if you’re a crazy for fitness you can get a skipping rope and skip to keep the sweat going during the break and off court duration. With badminton you have to learn to get from one side of the court to the other extremely quickly and so after a while you develop a great agility. When you start playing at a higher level it builds incredible upper body and leg strength. Check out this link to know how much fat generaly one burns with just 30 mins of play http://www.nutristrategy.com/activitylist4.htm
3. Cost: Badminton isn't the cheapest sport but it doesn't really break the bank either. The biggest cost is usually the shuttles. When you join us the cost of the shuttles are included and so you may not even notice your wallet get lighter. We will guide you for a good racquet but we have some good branded one to rent it out to you on hourly basis for your initial days.
4. Learning/Skills to be Fast & Furious: Badminton is the fastest racquet sport in the world; The record smash to a shuttle is around a speed of 300 Kmph. When you learn to return those kinds of shots you get a serious rush! Just be warned though if a shot like that hits you in the head, you’ll walk around looking like you’re being targeted with a sniper rifle for a while! Learn by playing with the players around. While also learning to hit the shuttle at that speeds you can also develop the softest touch. You will be able to just drop the shuttle over the net so it trickles over and hits the ground quicker than your opponent can think of. Each one will be having their own special trick and skill. This can continue all year around as this is an indoor sport. Believe me we don't have semester exams and no assessments :-P. You can prove yourself at the competition
5. Competition: You can keep it a strictly social thing but if you like to be competitive then you can join us in upcoming leagues and compete against other players. Rise to the Fame of the Sports.
Please NOTE our Rules on RSVP
• For event that have limited slots : Please DO NOT RSVP if you are not planning to turn up.
• After you manage to RSVP - Please be responsible & have the habit of updating your RSVP PROMPTLY when you no longer can turn up at-least 2 days in advance . This is our group community rules & basic courtesy.
• If you cannot agree or adhere to our group simple RSVP rules - please do not even bother to RSVP .
• All "no shows" in the past would be recorded for events that has limited slots. After 2 of such "no shows" - we reserve the right to ban you and remove from the group !
• To keep the event RSVP genuine we have introduced online payment / IMPS / NEFT / PAYTM. We have a system of penalty as well for No show members and most of you respect the idea. But we don't want penalty. WE WANNA SEE YOU PLAY. A penalty of few hundreds won’t make the host happy but a 100% attendance will. So it's a request to all members to RSVP sensibly. Please remember that if we unblock a court because of sensible RSVP we are opening the opportunity for other players to play at the same time. We want people to play the game for the love of the game. Isn't it?
• A snapshot of the Rules.
1. RSVP only after going through the meetups details like. Date, Day, Time, Place
2. Provide your contact details if you are new to group. If you are sure the host has your number saved you can ignore but we prefer you to give at the time of RSVP
3. If you want to change your RSVP for Morning events, you can do that only before 6PM of the previous day. Within 12hrs of the event if a member changes the RSVP neither we can unblock the slot nor can we cancel the court. This creates the problem for the host. I know meetup site allows you to change RSVP at the last moment but do you think that holds good for the group?
4.For evening events Change of RSVP is allowed only till 2PM
5. Always Inform the HOST about the change in RSVP
6. Use the IMPS/ NEFT details to make the advance payment and block your slot
7. NoShow penalty will be collected from the member by the host for each no-show.
The leadership Team
+91-9741722447 / +91-9845547616 / +91-9439422195 /