What we're about
Do you love to scrapbook? If you find yourself dreaming of sketches for your next layout, dressing your family in clothes that match your favorite paper stash, and wake up at your desk with a tape runner stuck to your face, you just might be a scrapbooker. If you can identify with any of these symptoms, then you may have SSS (Severe Scrappers Syndrome). This is a common condition. Do not be alarmed. There is no need to feel guilty. Join CV Scrapbookers for a monthly 10-step program meeting and group support.
We typically meet the second Saturday of each month from 10:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. at the Crescenta Valley Methodist Church in Montrose. The date may change based upon room availability, so it's always best to check the site and always RSVP. Bring your totes filled with with pictures and projects, cards and stamps and join us for our monthly get-togethers.
Here are the "Rules":
• It doesn't matter if you are new to the craft or a seasoned scrapper, you are invited to join our group for monthly crops, lots of laughs, and good times. We are an equal opportunity crafting group because we not only embrace scrapbookers, we also have card-makers and paper crafters in our group. Our ladies are the best, hands-down. The group is open and friendly and we strive to create a stress-free environment for 8 hours once a month. Members generously share their tools, their expertise, and their snacks with everyone.
• 2018 annual membership dues are $25. Dues are assessed on January 1 of each year. Dues must be paid within 30 days of joining the group -- no exceptions. Meetup assesses the organizer a fee based on the number of people who "join", whether or not they are active. Please don't be offended if you are dropped for failure to pay dues. It's nothing personal.
• Dues are not pro-rated. Whether you join in January or November, membership is $25. You must be a member in good standing (translation: dues) to remain a part of this meet-up group. Dues help offset the cost of website maintenance fees charged by Meet-up.com and the liability insurance we are required to carry in order to meet at our venue.
• Members may bring a one-time only guest to a crop. After that visit, the guest may choose to join by becoming a dues-paying member, but the guest cannot attend a second time without contributing -- via dues -- to the support of the meet-up. Please contact the organizer if you wish to bring a guest to the meet-up.
• Complementary bottled water and soda is always available.
• At least three (3) FREE raffle prize drawings are offered at each meeting for dues-paying members only. Guests are not eligible for raffle prize tickets unless they choose to join first.
• 50/50 Opportunity drawings are held each month help pay for the following month's raffle prizes. Tickets are $1 each or 7 for $5.
Occasionally we will hold our monthly crop at a scrapbook store, which does involve traveling. Please be sure to check the site for the locations. Notice of a venue change is always listed several months in advance. Crops at scrapbook store venues typically involve a charge for both room rental and catering, so these events may require additional fees. Be sure to check the meeting location each month so you'll know where to find us.
First established in January of 2010, we are a group of scrapbooking and cardmaking junkies of varying ages and backgrounds who meet monthly to scrapbook our memories, share our tools and supplies, and laugh! We love kids but respectfully request that you leave the little ones at home. Crafters over the age of 15 are welcome to become official, dues-paying members of Crescenta Valley Scrapbookers.
Please -- no requests to join from folks trolling this site with intentions other than scrapbooking.